Roof Air Vent on 88 autosleeper flair.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roof Air Vent on 88 autosleeper flair.

Post by rov-ypa on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi. My roof air vent on my 1988 flair has just about had it. Im going to replace it. but this may seem a stupid question but i need to be sure before i place the order. i wonder if any over flair owners would know what size it is. there is one roof vent on ebay i could buy and that one is 280mm x 280mm. would that fit my flair? ive never fitted one before so i thought i should ask here first. I need to satisfy my paranoia and am scared to death of screwing things up.

Cheers

Andy.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190612607904&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en
rov-ypa

Auto-Sleeper : Flair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roof Air Vent on 88 autosleeper flair.

Post by roli on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:42 pm

They tend to be standard sizes and should be available from decent caravan/motorhome dealers accessory shops. It is something you could do yourself.
Your profile doesnt include your location so unable to suggest a supplier local to you

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by andygump on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:31 am

Hi Andy,

I have replaced a few of these covers of different sizes over the years. It's a fairly simple procedure if you are talking about just the outside cover and not the whole vent. Important thing is the size, the general size of the larger vents in older vans was 400 x 400cms and the smaller vents were (I think) 280 x 280 and the make was MPK(I think).

It is only a matter of removingthe 2 screws in each handle leg, and easing the top out. The screws can be of different type heads (cross, flat or toryx) try various screwdrivers gently until you feel them bight.

If you are thinking about changing the whole vent that is a bigger messier job.

Andy up!

andygump

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 1996

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rov-ypa on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:13 pm

[If you are thinking about changing the whole vent that is a bigger messier job.

Hi Andy. thanks for your input. im going to have to replace the whole vent as wintersgales shatted the opening mechanism. the vent is of an different type to what ive seen on my past vans. to open the vent i have to push four sliding handels instead of just using the handel to push up the vent to open it. its of an over complicated design in my eyes. I want to replace with a standard push up standard type.

Andy.
rov-ypa

Auto-Sleeper : Flair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum