Amethyst Battery Access

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amethyst Battery Access

Post by Ian R on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Hello all,
Just joined and I have some questions regarding my 2004 Amethyst. I will start with "How do you get access the batteries under the drivers seat". I bought the vehicle last year and I would like to check both batteries before heading off on our summer trip.

Many thanks
Ian R
Ian R

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amethyst Battery Access

Post by Dave 418 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:35 pm

Assuming the base vehicle is a Transit, M6 having the batteries under the seat, it will be the same as our Rienza. Slide the drivers seat as far foward as posable and slide off the plastic cover. With a bit of luck you be able to check the batteries ok. To add to this the rear battery is the main vehicle battery and the front one is the auxillary battery. Autosleeper didnt fit a leisure battery just using the auxillary instead. Ours has a leisure battery to replace the auxillary and a second leisure battery under the passengers seat.
I learnt all this with help from the forum. Our first van, Duetto, had the vehicle and leisure batteries under the bonnet making things much simpler. The first job I had to sort on our Rienza was an eight year old vehicle battery. The amount of wiring under the drivers seat meant fitting the new battery took two of us. I lowered the battery whist my mate juggled all the cables and fuse holders out the way. 
Good choice of van, we did consider one when we were looking for a Clubman or Gatcombe but the Rienza  was available and has given us more room and a rear lounge.
Hope this helps.

Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian R on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:17 pm

Dave many thanks for your reply. I have had a look in there, and yes it's extremely tight.
I think I'll have to enlist help, preferably a skinny person. One other thing I noticed when I have the water pump switch on, the waste water tank full light is glowing even though the tank is empty. Would you have any ideas what might be causing that.
Regarding the Amethyst we are very well pleased with. We had Volkswagen T2s years ago and this seems like a 5 Star hotel.

Many thanks
Ian R

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:02 pm

scratch head The issue with the waste water full light I think will be sensor faults. The warning light has never come on in the Rienza, when the shower is slow to empty the waste tank is getting full. The Duetto had smaller tanks and only lasted a couple of days so we never got to the point of the light being on. 
The sensors are the same as the ones fitted to the coolant tanks on the buses I used to look after. They wouldnt last long before they had a build up of crud on them putting the light on. We disconected the sensors because we checked the levels every night.
A temporary cure would be disconect the sensor at the tank and see if the light goes out. You might be able to get the sensors out and clean them without dropping the tank.

Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John M. on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:05 pm

I know it's a pain - but the the only good way I've found to access the batteries on our Transit based Amethyst is to remove the driver's seat.  It's only 4 torque bolts and although the seat itself is quite heavy, you can really do the job properly with the seat removed.
John M.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum