Front Blinds Sticking Together In Heat

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Front Blinds Sticking Together In Heat

Post by burlingtonboaby on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi Wolf
I have a black mesh Hindermann privacy screen, ideal as it really does keep the hot sun from heating up the dash area,it fits snuggly around the side doors ,you can open the side door windows for fresh air if required without compromising your privacy,the net screens shade the cab without blacking out the screen
Taylor -made screens make a longer version solar screen to cover the grill intake area. Office closed until the 12 th July , online orders only.  shrugg
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts Posts : 5873
Auto-Sleeper Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wargenwolf on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Well after the blinds being closed for a week and 3 days of sunshine and heat, I was expecting them to firmly welded together this afternoon, but it looks as if the chalk dust has done the job.

They just slid open with the least amount of effort.... Problem solved  up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Posts Posts : 534
Auto-Sleeper Auto-Sleeper : Kingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:27 pm

I experienced the same problem as Wolfie when we were in Bath earlier in the week, with temperatures in the high 30's.
It took an incredible amount of force to separate the blinds and I was a bit wary, as the left hand (nearside) handle has a habit of coming off easily. I think that is due to how it is mounted. Basically the two protrusions on the handle itself fit into slots on the blind frame. The slots are similar to those for mounting a round headed screw where the top of the slot is larger than the screw head and then narrows down to hold the screw shaft. (Can anyone make sense of that description?)
Anyway, on the nearside blind the slots are basically used down, so the handle pops out easily.
I've got plenty of french chalk in my puncture repair kits, so will get grinding to try out Wolfie's tip.
Do Remis supply a fix, free of charge?
Thanks, nuevoboy.
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts Posts : 417
Auto-Sleeper Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top