The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Push button catch to toilet cassette door

+2
Heanorboy
Philip Bull
6 posters

Go down

Push button catch to toilet cassette door Empty Push button catch to toilet cassette door

Post by Philip Bull Mon May 22, 2017 8:01 pm

I am trying to re-assemble the push button catch on the external door of my toilet cassette. On my Nuevo the door on the side of the body has a lockable push button in the bottom corner and an unlockable push button in the top corner. The spring of the top button had come out of alignment due to some rough Italian roads, meaning that the catch did not extend out to secure the door. I unscrewed the two screws on the inside of the door and released the inner workings of the mechanism! Out dropped three springs and two pieces of plastic. An ingenious device to operate the push button catch. However although I can work out how all the bits fit together, I can't work out how to keep them in p!ace while I screw the back piece into the door. Gravity dictates that most of the parts fall to the ground before I manage to get the assembly back into the door!
The only thing that I can think of that might make re-assemble a little easier, is to take the door off the side of the van, place it on a horizontal surface and then try fitting the catch assembly.
Has anyone managed to refit this catch and what techniques did they use?
Phil

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo /Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Push button catch to toilet cassette door Empty Re: Push button catch to toilet cassette door

Post by Heanorboy Mon May 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Phil
Have you tried using Vaseline or grease to hold then in place
David

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Push button catch to toilet cassette door Empty Re: Push button catch to toilet cassette door

Post by Wearsider Tue May 23, 2017 4:51 am

Had the same problem last year. Much easier if two people work together on the task.
Wearsider

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by sigmaman Tue May 23, 2017 5:57 pm

You may find that the hinge pins can be pulled out and the door taken off and laid flat.  This is how my two door locks were replaced.  Hope this helps
sigmaman
sigmaman

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue May 23, 2017 6:22 pm

sigmaman wrote:You may find that the hinge pins can be pulled out and the door taken off and laid flat.  This is how my two door locks were replaced.  Hope this helps
Hi sigmaman
Nice to see you back on again,how's the van doing up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Push button catch to toilet cassette door Empty Toilet door catch

Post by constable Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:09 am

I put mine back together by first finding out what went where then holding together with sellotape until complete. Remove tape carefully before cover plate is replaced and secured. Took a couple of attempts but now OK
constable
constable

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down