Critical Posts

Go down

Critical Posts

Post by roli on Mon May 15, 2017 3:43 pm

We have had complaints from members over constant criticism of Autosleepers and some dealers by one of our members.

We know both are not perfect and in some cases vans are supplied less than perfect.  This is true of many manufacturers 

Can we ask without naming our members at this point to ease off in the wording of such posts.  We are fairly free on this forum moderation wise compared to some let's try and keep it that way.

Many of us have had issues but have had a moan then that's it (my fridge packed up last week )

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Critical Posts

Post by Eltel on Mon May 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Here Here

Eltel

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Mon May 15, 2017 6:38 pm

roli wrote:We have had complaints from members over constant criticism of Autosleepers and some dealers by one of our members.

We know both are not perfect and in some cases vans are supplied less than perfect.  This is true of many manufacturers 

Can we ask without naming our members at this point to ease off in the wording of such posts.  We are fairly free on this forum moderation wise compared to some let's try and keep it that way.

Many of us have had issues but have had a moan then that's it (my fridge packed up last week )

It seems a little unfair to prevent people from making an enthusiastic statement of justified complaint, I thought that this site was independent from AS?

Perhaps it would be advantageous to have a dedicated forum section for complaints, so that similarly affected owners could pool their resources and add weight to their issues/complaints?
A separate section could then also have strict but fair rules enforced, to prevent the factual descending into the fractious.

meanchris

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw on Mon May 15, 2017 6:52 pm

I tend to agree with the above. In fact I've mentioned before we should have a moaning section!
Reading owners' criticism is as informative as reading about praise from satisfied owners. There's nothing like real life tales of woe to balance out the sales blurb that would-be purchasers get from sales brochures.
Al.
bikeralw

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel on Mon May 15, 2017 7:08 pm

We could call it "AS Praise & Grumble"

Eltel

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro on Tue May 16, 2017 9:33 am

roli wrote:We have had complaints from members over constant criticism of Autosleepers and some dealers by one of our members.

Can we ask without naming our members at this point to ease off in the wording of such posts. 

Roli's post above may seem to be suggesting two things.

The first sentence seems to suggest that we desist from posting criticism of AS or dealers.
The second seems to suggest that we temper the wording used to express criticism.

As for the first, I have to disagree. That seems like seeking voluntary censorship. Why should we not criticise AS or dealers or other suppliers - when fair and objective criticism, supported by evidence - is justified? There's an important principle involved. I hope that AS and dealers read such criticism and apply the lessons therefrom (although I have my doubts). It would be so much better if, occasionally, AS in particular were to respond to criticism on the Forum.

As for the second, I don't recall the use of intemperate wording to express fair criticism, but I'm sure that Forum members won't resort to flamboyant or inflamatory wording, and would tone down any such wording were they inclined to use it.

There does seem to be more criticism of AS recently. That may be because their quality has slipped, or our expectations - heightened by comparison with other manufacturers - have increased. Or it may be that we have more contributing Forum members, and thus more experiences to share. But returning to Roli's 2 points, I strongly oppose artificial restraint on fair and justified criticism of AS (or any dealer or compnent manufacturer etc) and I equally support the maintenance of decorum in wording such complaints.

Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada on Tue May 16, 2017 10:07 am

Thank you Cymro.

When I read roli's post yesterday I was  censored! and was ready to write an angry reply but thought I had better sleep on it. Your post has put in to words what I was thinking but in a far more eloquent way.

Many of us new members are unhappy with what we got. The constant tiny niggles we had last year took the edge off and I never received the pride of ownership glow. Add to that older members on here constantly telling us they wouldn't buy a new van. 

But many of those new members also report of having a good van, but one that could have been so much better with just a little more attention to detail.

Would I buy another new Autosleeper? Yes. Would I buy from the same dealer?. No.

Finally, my dealer tried to convince me these are complicated hand built machines. They are not. I have spent most of my working life designing complicated hand built machines. One of the last one I worked on was on a $3,000,000 a day penalty clause for late FULLY WORKING delivery. Admittedly it cost a lot more than my Nuevo did which I think evidences where savings have been made.

dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound on Tue May 16, 2017 10:18 am

[quote="Cymro"]
roli wrote:
The first sentence seems to suggest that we desist from posting criticism of AS or dealers.

I think what the first sentence is getting at is that one member in particular has been reported as being overly critical, not the site in general.
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 47
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro on Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 am

Thanks, Noggin.
But if a customer has indeed had a terrible (and continuing) experience - then she / he has every reason to complain, and to share such complaints with us, and to do so trenchantly and persistently, if only to warn others of the problems.  As I said, such criticism should be fair; supported by evidence; reasonable; and expressed in objective wording.

Of course, if the criticism is about a trivial matter, members will judge the author accordingly; likewise if the author uses flamboyant and exaggerated language. And I would support the Moderators were they to put a stop to repeated posts by a member making exactly the same complaint over and over again.

It's a fine line, but I'd like to think that Forum members are a well-balanced lot, who can see wood for trees, and who will only share grievances when they are reasonable and warranted, and can discount any rantings form a contributor with a vendetta.

I'm sure Roli's request was made in the above spirit. Fair criticism is helpful; unfair criticism tarnishes the reputation of the Forum as well as that of the author.

Cymro

No
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Tue May 16, 2017 12:46 pm

I am not getting into a lengthy debate over this but I am not publicly going to mention the members name or other forum staffs opinions who reported this.

This morning I spoke to a member who previously only knew me by sight and was able to name to me the member concerned.   

He was of the opinion that it's ok to complain but not keep it going as we all have some problems at some time. That is my opinion also

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Tue May 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Many of us cast our eye over most posts on the forum, it is interesting, informative and helpful.

To read a long post with great detail of perceived problems with goods and or services is educational, the information being kept in mind for future use. To read the same information repeated time and again in different threads is an annoying waste of time.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : October 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron on Tue May 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Peter Brown wrote:Many of us cast our eye over most posts on the forum, it is interesting, informative and helpful.

To read a long post with great detail of perceived problems with goods and or services is educational, the information being kept in mind for future use.  To read the same information repeated time and again in different threads is an annoying waste of time.

Plus one!  I keep a close eye on the forum and learn (and I hope impart) a lot.  But when a thread degenerates into mud-slinging at A/S I do trun to the next thread.  WE must remember that dissatified customers will ALWAYS complain, even when they are really the cause of the dissatisfaction either through their own actions, non-action or unrealistic expectations.  The satisfied customer often does not bother to say so.

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum