anyone use Marquis Motorhomes Winchester?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: anyone use Marquis Motorhomes Winchester?

Post by kaspian on Fri May 26, 2017 7:11 pm

Peter Brown wrote:
kaspian wrote:
       From experience , unlike cars where warranty work can be done by any dealer who is in the franchise , motorhome dealers are only really interested if you buy from them and are not willing to take on manufacturers warranty work from another dealers stock. We are  a prime example of that!

This is generally true but SMC at Newark will do warranty work on vans not bought from them.
Yes Peter , in our case one dealer 110 miles distant agreed to have a look with a view to do warranty work ,but in November. I was reporting water pouring down the inside wall of a van conversion from a serious  roof leak in March! If I had waited 9 months the van would have been scrap!

kaspian

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 27, 2017 11:44 am

We have had three vans from Marquis Tewkesbury, two OK and one a real pain. We have found that in general, once you leave their premises that's the last you hear from them.
We had similar issues some years ago when we had a caravan that had a number of faults which clearly should have been picked up in their PDI, we discussed this with one of the Directors and our view was they should contact you after a few weeks of ownership to see if there were any problems, how was the handover etc.
As a result, my wife ended up working for them contacting new owners and acting as a liaison between the customer and the Dealer raising any concerns and passing on any suggestions for improving the process. In general, both the Dealer and the customers liked the approach.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Sat May 27, 2017 12:00 pm

kaspian wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:
This is generally true but SMC at Newark will do warranty work on vans not bought from them.
Yes Peter , in our case one dealer 110 miles distant agreed to have a look with a view to do warranty work ,but in November. I was reporting water pouring down the inside wall of a van conversion from a serious  roof leak in March! If I had waited 9 months the van would have been scrap!

Kaspian, I cannot see the relevance of your comment above to the advice I am offering to forum members that there is a dealer who will do warranty work on vans they haven't sold - it means nothing to me!

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : October 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian on Sat May 27, 2017 1:38 pm

Peter I dont know if you have a personal problem with my comments , sorry if you have taken offence. Knowing that a specific dealer will do this is great if you stay within reasonable travel distance and may help many local owners. The original poster asked about a Winchester branch and appears located in Hampshire . Newark isnt exactly just round the corner but nevertheless valuable  to those in the area . Perhaps a register of such dealers held on the forum would be of benefit to owners.
         The point I was trying to make is although some franchised dealers publicly say they will take on warranty work on vehicles not bought from them , we have found over 35+  years of buying caravans and motorhomes  that we would be at the tail end of the queue as they look after their own customers quite rightly first. In the example above an 8 month lead time quoted before we could be fitted in to their work schedule .  When your need is great as in our example case above  they effectively rule themselves out without having to actually refuse the work.
        This, from experience , has led us to value service greatly but also take into account the maximum distance you are willing to travel to get work done when picking a supplying dealer . We are all human and tend to go for the 'deal ' first without thinking what will happen should something go wrong...Your ' local ' dealer may have got some bad press but the highly rated dealer 500 miles away is not much use after clocking up a few thousand miles returning for warranty/ service issues . ( just our experience and others are welcome to agree or make similar mistakes - their choice !)

Last edited by kaspian on Sat May 27, 2017 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling isdues!)

kaspian

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum