Leisure battery problem 2001 executive

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Leisure battery problem 2001 executive

Post by meanchris on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:27 pm

Alf, I'm pretty sure that all the Execs (the ones I've looked at anyway) have a flat plywood floor with no hidden compartments.

Th only places I can think of to hide a charger/psu are:

Under the bench seats

Under the cooker or sink (maybe behind a thin panel)

In the wardrobe (maybe even under the wardrobe floor with the heater, but that's NOT where I'd put one).

It might be near the water pump, so if you can hear that running, have a look for any cubbyholes or covers nearby.

meanchris

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdollar on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Meanchris yes it is the same model and layout there is a panel that has the hot water switch and also two cut outs - one is for the hot water tank if i remember. The other one is about 3inches and contains a switch - the switch is on ie the I is pushed inwards to complete the circuit however we were told this was a pump switch and it does indeed turn the water pump on and off. I have put the torch in but cant see any other switches in there. I will keep looking.
Topdollar

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdollar on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi Meanchris and Alf

yes its the same pic and layout.  We have a panel under the bench that has the hot water switch and two disc holes - one to access the tank. The other one has a switch which we were told is for the pump and it does indeed switch the pump on and off.  I am guessing this is not the one.

No false floor panels, I have stripped out both under and behind the seats - nothing except the battery itself.

We are going to leave it for today but I will double check under the sink when we get home. Thanks for your help.
Topdollar

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Sam,  wave

I said you would get some answers, if not a solution, if you came here.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:09 pm

sam.horrocks@hotmail.co.u wrote:Hi Meanchris and Alf

yes its the same pic and layout.  We have a panel under the bench that has the hot water switch and two disc holes - one to access the tank. The other one has a switch which we were told is for the pump and it does indeed switch the pump on and off.  I am guessing this is not the one.

No false floor panels, I have stripped out both under and behind the seats - nothing except the battery itself.

We are going to leave it for today but I will double check under the sink when we get home. Thanks for your help.

One more suggestion: The hole that is access to the tank - our PSU was not right in front of the hole, it was on the floor a couple of inches away from the hole and out of sight. The only reason I knew it was there was because when I opened the hole I could see the glow from the PSU neon light, so, if yours is switched off...

meanchris

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greenman on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi Sam,

I have the same model and vintage van but I am certainly no expert.

It might seem a bit daft but are you sure the EHU is properly connected?  On our maiden run last year I was having trouble getting the electrics to work properly until a neighbour suggested twisting the hook-up connection on the post until I heard a click.  It turned out the instruction/diagram to do this had worn away from the post and I had simply pushed the male end of the lead into the socket so although I was connected I wasn't receiving any juice.  Twisted it and bingo, all systems were go.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

"when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes 

Last edited by Greenman on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Gibberish on page)
Greenman

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdollar on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi Greenman thats a really useful tip and I'll deff check it out.  I am assuming its ok because we have the tv and phones charging on mains but handy to know in any case thanks.  We have had some charge today either from 2 x 10 mins engine running or because we turned the heater fan off its not draining quicker than we can charge so hopefully we have resolved but I think we need to invest in a charger and a tester.  We managed most of last year off sites at festivals etc with no probs on 12v - very strange.
Topdollar

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:03 pm

mine is under the front seat

Male

Auto-Sleeper : vw clubman
Vehicle Year : 1993