The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues

+9
dandywarhol
HighSue
Cymro
whisky
burlingtonboaby
roli
CC
Robbie
Rufus Stone
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues - Page 2 Empty Futher Problems Solved

Post by HighSue Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:09 am

Hi at last got my van back after two weeks almost at AS. Crack repaired from the inside out by taking out the upper left cupboard and lining to get at it. Hopefully this has solved the problem. Habitation serviced by them (2nd year now out of warranty) and they found damp on both sides of the bulkhead seams, so replaced one seal and and resealed the other. Not bad for a two year old van lol. Damp was found in first year. They were good enough to delivery it back to us so one less car journey and fill it with diesel. Also has a sign of good will no charge for service. Now looking to change to another van both with a better heating system and hopefully no problems.
HighSue
HighSue

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues

Post by dandywarhol Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:23 am

Thanks for the update - I've been following this thread with interest. Glad it's sorted and sounds like good service from AS but as I'm sure you'll agree, this sort of thing shouldn't happen in the 1st place.

I think I'll be watching Bailley's progress with their aluminium body units - especially when they give a 10 year warranty - even Swift have had to up the ante and give 10 years on their new 'homes.................

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues

Post by Paulmold Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:42 am

dandywarhol wrote:I think I'll be watching Bailley's progress with their aluminium body units - especially when they give a 10 year warranty - even Swift have had to up the ante and give 10 years on their new 'homes.................

Sorry to say Baileys have withdrawn their 10 year warranty..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:57 am

Interesting - thanks for that - maybe it's a bit like car anti perforation warranties - by the time you've paid for annual inspections you'd have paid for the repairs winks

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:07 pm

We have had a list of things with our Cotswold, and its only a few months old, so_sad
Crazing in the Gel coat at rear of Van
Roof bars are rusting
Waste water valve leaking ( replaced)
Fridge needs Board replaced due to continuous fault
water pump stopped working due to wires to tight under chassis and crimp connector broke
Veneer panel above sink had to replaced then sheeted in stainless steel
Bathroom door sticking, seems to tight
Heater hosing split underneath and had to be replaced
Habitation door locks the odd time and the rest of the time it does not.
Panel above fridge is warped
Broken water fill point door

There are other things but thats the main jist of it, in a nut shell I'm very happy to say that Auto Sleepers quality is not fit for purpose until someone else has fixed their shoddy production work. I would never buy another and would not advise anyone to buy one. We are just so grateful that our dealer has really pulled out the stops to repair all the faults.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by stepps110 Mon May 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Wish I had read all this before buying a Cotswold, pick it up in two weeks and now not really looking forward to it. uncertain
stepps110
stepps110

Male

Member Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Mon May 13, 2013 2:48 pm

On the other hand, there are other happy owners. A colleague of mine paid a lot of money for a premium German van and is just about to have its third roof replacement due to buckling and leaks - I was shocked when I saw it. Awful sight. Some items like fridges are bought in - same with the doors. The central locking is a known issue. It happened to mine and an easy fix. Don't be despondent - you might have a few issues but likely all will be ok

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon May 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Rufus Stone wrote:

Why oh why, when paying so much for a vehicle of this level, the silly 'no pride in the job' items let it down. Even a LED strip light flew out of its above locker location when I last drove round a corner. It had not been correctly secured and the Velcro fastening had failed. Good grief, what next!

Are those above locker LED strips just secured with velcro? I had wondered how they could be removed if one failed. How many bits of velcro and where, please?

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues - Page 2 Empty Further issues

Post by HighSue Tue May 14, 2013 8:44 am

I have now finally solved all my issues with my Cotswold after 3 years. I have traded it in for a completely new model a swift Bolero. Goodbye Auto-sleeper.
HighSue
HighSue

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue May 14, 2013 12:16 pm

No posting for over 6 months, were there no problems to report in that time? Good luck with the Swift! The words 'frying pan' and 'fire' come to mind.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by HighSue Wed May 15, 2013 1:08 am

Yes no posting for six months because we ordered this new van back in October at the NEC by then had given up on the Cotswold. By the way this is our 2nd swift and touch wood highly satisfied so far only changed the other swift because we needed more births. Then our mistake was to change again and was talked into the Auto-sleeper big mistake. As they say time will tell.
HighSue
HighSue

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed May 15, 2013 7:24 am

HighSue wrote:Yes no posting for six months because we ordered this new van back in October at the NEC by then had given up on the Cotswold. By the way this is our 2nd swift and touch wood highly satisfied so far only changed the other swift because we needed more births. Then our mistake was to change again and was talked into the Auto-sleeper big mistake. As they say time will tell.

Good luck Sue, Hope you have a great time in the van of your choice, what ever the make.
Boaby wave
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2