Boxer Radio Timer (Again)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boxer Radio Timer (Again)

Post by Wargenwolf on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Has anyone managed to change the length of time that the radio stays on. Checking or unchecking the 20 minute delay box on mine makes no difference to the amount of time it stays on.

What's worse is that as well as switching off after 20 minutes, after switching it back on a few times, it goes in to code error and I have to get my keys out of hiding to switch the ignition on to clear the error.

As the speakers in the hab side of the van are of a decent sound quality, I don't want to go down the portable radio route. 

Is the only way round this getting the radio wired to the leisure battery ?

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Boxer Radio Timer (Again)

Post by dbroada on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:10 pm

Mine doesn't go off after 20 minutes whatever that is set to. Initially I kept getting code errors but without doing anything they went away (bet they come back now). I know that doesn't help you but assuming our radios are near identical, it can be done.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Fiat)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by opatija on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:31 pm

I changed my radio cut off to 180 minutes following instructions posted somewhere on this forum. Try 'Radio cut off limit' in the search function. Of course it may be different with newer vehicles. As regards the 'code error', I find just switching the vehicle's light switch on and off does the trick.

Frank
opatija

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by opatija on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:18 pm

opatija

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wargenwolf on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:25 pm

dbroada wrote:Mine doesn't go off after 20 minutes whatever that is set to. Initially I kept getting code errors but without doing anything they went away (bet they come back now). I know that doesn't help you but assuming our radios are near identical, it can be done.
Has yours done that from the factory Dave, or is it something you altered ?

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wargenwolf on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:29 pm

opatija wrote:Hi Wargenwolf,
I think this is the link you need.

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t8716-switching-peugeot-radios-to-camper-mode

Frank
Thanks Frank, I have read that previously and it relates to either older, or different radios, as mine doesn't have the same buttons to press. 

I did try similar on mine, pressing different buttons each time, but to no avail,

Ken.

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 pm

I have the same radio and unfortunately you cannot change it to more than 20minutes. The owners club were trying to work on a fix with the help of Autosleeper but I haven't headed anything. 
I took ours to an auto electrician who said he thought he could get around it fitting a new aftermarket unit, but this was expensive. On a campsite we sit outside a lot so the van radio isn't that suitable as you tend to disturb others with the door speakers, so I bought a portable speaker for use with the iPod problem solved.

Toffee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Fairford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:24 pm

Wargenwolf wrote:
dbroada wrote:Mine doesn't go off after 20 minutes whatever that is set to. Initially I kept getting code errors but without doing anything they went away (bet they come back now). I know that doesn't help you but assuming our radios are near identical, it can be done.
Has yours done that from the factory Dave, or is it something you altered ?
confused3

I pressed lots of buttons but whether I changed anything I couldn't say.

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wargenwolf on Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:28 am

Just by way of an update, checking and unchecking the 20 minute box does have an effect on the radio, but not the one I initially hoped it would.

After a journey, with it checked, the radio stays on for 20 minutes, without it checked, it switches off as soon as you switch the engine off.

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:05 am

As I don't have any DAB stations here I was aimlessly flicking through my radio last night.

Press MENU:System settings.
The second option is Power OFF 180 min. DELAY, UNCHECKED
Forth option Auto-On Radio - recall last

Those are the only settings on mine. Either a different device is fitted between Fiat & Pug (or randomly fitted) or the improvements on the 2017 radio haven't helped.

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wargenwolf on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:54 am

I've given up on mine Dave and I bought a small standalone blue tooth speaker, that sits nicely on a corner shelf over the bed, which actually helps the already excellent sound quality, or it comes outside with me.

It's a Bose Soundlink Mini and the quality of the sound is hard to believe from such a tiny unit.

It plays anything that is already on my iPhone and iPad for free and the only slight downside, if I want to 'stream' from a digital radio source, it either uses some of my mobile data allowance, or I need to pay for site wifi.

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum