Sleeping arrangements

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sleeping arrangements

Post by ICDC on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:58 pm

I have just bought a 1997 Transit Autosleeper Legend and love it. The question is the seating/sleeping area is in the rear, two singles or a very big double. To make the double bed you use 10 seats / backrests, we have 3 extra ones and I have no idea where they would fit. We have one like the rear back seat and one with a left curve on top, the other a right curve.. any ideas please ? . Thanks
ICDC

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Transit Legend
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sleeping arrangements

Post by burlingtonboaby on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum from sunny Bridlington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:15 pm

I looked at a Legend a few weeks ago at a dealers, the curve cushions you describe are like the back seat corner cushions, left and right, the other could be the middle section, if as single beds take off the back corner cushions, to make longer beds, I imagine the middle sections stay where they are,  a nice sensible roomy layout, one reason I didn`t go for it  was,  I use mine as my car, MH is my only vehicle and thought the Legend wouldn`t be practical    for my needs, car parking etc,  love the layout though.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ICDC on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Thank you..So are you saying it's like a rear headboard, remove the three rear backrests and replace with our extra ones ?
ICDC

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:31 pm

ICDC wrote:Thank you..So are you saying it's like a rear headboard, remove the three rear backrests and replace with our extra ones ?
Sorry cannot help you there, the curve ones are the settee backs and make more comfortable lounging in the corners, if I had one I would leave the middle cushions and with a tray or board on the base cushion , you have a bedside table for the two singles, I didn`t make the double up as I prefer the singles,

Just a thought,  the extra cushions do they fit in the over cab bed to fill gaps there?

Hope you get it sorted, there are other Legend owners on the forum so they will be better to help you than I can.

Regards,
Margaret

Sorry forgot to say Hello and asof_welcome2 from Leicestershire

Last edited by daisy mae on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : welcome)
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ICDC on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Thanks Margaret, It's only a two berth and the area over the cab is storage. Maybe one day it will be solved. Thanks for the ideas. Kind regards James.
ICDC

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ICDC on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:26 pm

Thanks Boaby ..from sunny With.. :-))
ICDC

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:50 pm

ICDC wrote:Thanks Margaret, It's only a two berth and the area over the cab is storage.  Maybe one day it will be solved.  Thanks for the ideas.  Kind regards James.

There is a Legend in our village, I will go and see if I can  see the owner, I  don`t know them, I  did go round once but no one in. I am intrigued myself now.

I would still like a Legend. the one I saw at a dealers, the middle section of the rear lounge on lifting the base up the hinges were very rusty, and I wondered why that was, had it been in floods as I know some  caravans / motor homes that were in the floods were on sale later.

Regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ICDC on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:52 am

Our seats slide out, when making the beds, they don't hinge we have storage drawers underneath, maybe they change things around. I am really pleased with ours, the build quality is brilliant, can't wait to try it out. I am going to have the Gas-it system fitted, did have the Gaslow bottles on our previous M/h, but they are a lot more expensive and Gas-it bottles are from the same bottle supplier. With regards to the rusty hinges, I would have been concerned too, it doesn't make sense. Always check the past MOT history on line, this gives an indication of previous jobs that have been done for the tests, but for build quality and comfort, very pleased with it.

Regards,
James.
ICDC

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:07 am

ICDC wrote: I am going to have the Gas-it system fitted, did have the Gaslow bottles on our previous M/h, but they are a lot more expensive and Gas-it bottles are from the same bottle supplier.
James.
Just an aside James.

You mention bottles - in the plural. Do you really need two refillables, or would you be just as well off with one, plus a standard UK Calor bottle to use as a reserve for when you need to top up the refillable?

I'm asking because there was a discussion about this only a few days ago, and from our past experience I don't think you need to spend the cash on a second refillable. You would never intentionally let them both run out at once, so just the one would seem to be quite satisfactory.

Just a thought.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum