The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cotswold Rooflight above kitchen

3 posters

Go down

Cotswold Rooflight above kitchen Empty Cotswold Rooflight above kitchen

Post by piglet Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:07 pm

We have recently purchased a 2011 Cotswold EB ... Having a few issues, going back to dealer today. PSU ec 325  unit not working! which is the main item...  

water tank gauge not working properly after they cleaned the filter and put a new 'o' ring on it to make it fill quicker, toilet overflowed as the indicator full light doesn't work, bathroom blind came off after first touch! 

can anyone tell me about the avtex tv... it is only plugged in via 12v? we have no mains supply for the tv, autosleeper claim that how it was configured?

the roof vent on the roof above the kitchen doesn't look right when looking from above, there's a gap at the end, thought this would have been enclosed ?  is this normal? 

we have upgraded from a 2001 autosleeper talisman gx ...  I want it back!

Last edited by piglet on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add photo, but cant now its on my i pad not my computer)
piglet
piglet

Female

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : COTSWOLD EB
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Cotswold Rooflight above kitchen Empty Re: Cotswold Rooflight above kitchen

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:29 pm

The Avtex tv is 12v supply either from the battery, or can be via a step down transformer from Mains. For use in a MH 12v via the battery is normal, why would you supply it from mains via a transformer when you have a PSU unit charger replenishing the battery (when it is working).

If the 325 unit is dead, Sargent can no longer repair and a substitute by 328 will be required. It is a direct replacement, with a better smart charger in it.

Can you post a picture of the rooflight problem?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:16 pm

I don't see how cleaning the filter and replacing the 'O' ring could possibly have any effect on the water tank gauge, unless "they" (whoever they are?) disturbed an electrical connection. (Was it your dealer? He'll no doubt fix it if it was)

I also can't understand how you could let the toilet overflow, indicator light or not. You can see down into it through the trap door after all?? I don't know whether our light works or not, as I always empty every one or two days. Just too heavy and unpleasant if you leave it to fester. Whistle1

Bathroom blind. Only a close inspection could possible determine if there is a fault, and how to remedy it. Dealer again.

There would have been a mains lead with the Avtex TV when it was bought, but it's usually more clutter for the loft. It can only run on 12 volts and Peter has made the point most succinctly. They are almost always powered direct from a 12 volt supply in the habitation area.

Does the kitchen roof vent let in the rain, or is there water ingress from there? If not it's probably perfectly OK, but as said, a picture might help.

Your dealer is the best person to look at the Sargent PSU unit. There are lots of reasons why it may not be working, and it need not be serious. I have known of people who thought they were in serious trouble until someone showed them where the on/off switch was situated. shrugg  Others have overlooked the 240 volt trip switches.

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring! content
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by piglet Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Thanks for your replies .... in our old motorhome we simply plugged in our tv to the mains, or 12v when not on hook up ...this motorhome is so different. Oh and I must look down the loo more often! Lol , as for the psu unit it is disabling the mains and 12v when switched on and the control panel says it's overheating? I'm new on here and trying to put the picture on of the rooflight. It's now at the dealers, hopefully they will sort it ...
piglet
piglet

Female

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : COTSWOLD EB

Back to top Go down