amenities / facilities

View previous topic View next topic Go down

amenities / facilities

Post by mike sinden on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:29 pm

hello everyone , I need advice/help , we bought a 2005 transit duetto in oct last year , but due to the wifes hosp issues haven't used it yet , however mid summer hope to go away for 1/2/3 nights etc .but I know need a crash course in how /what to use the facilities etc , I can plug it in but that's all , does anyone live near me where I can come to  get help etc , .thanks
mike sinden

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : none
Vehicle Year : none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: amenities / facilities

Post by Gromit on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi Mike

Hopefully someone local will be able to help, but . . .

If the van needs a habitation check before you go away (??) I'd suggest you get a mobile engineer in to do it for you (much cheaper than a dealer) and ask him to talk you through the various facilities as he does his checks. If he's anything like our local chap he will be only too pleased to help - specially if there's a bottle of wine looking for a new home. up!

Just a possible option.

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mike sinden on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:32 pm

thanks Dave , it had a check when we bought it in oct , so at the mo I'm looking for a cheaper option , I would have thought seeing how popular a/s s are there would be someone local , never mind theres time yet .
mike sinden

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Autosleepers are popular and there are a number of south coast A/S owners but a lot of this forum's activity happens in the evening. I think most people are out using their vans during the day. I know nothing about the Duetto but what is it you need to know? If you start with small bites (how do I turn on the fridge, how do I make the beds etc.) in new topics you might get more people able to help.

Another option is to go for a one night stay at a site and hope there is a kind owner there who will help. We have camped at the site by Ford station which is less than an hour away from Shoreham. It is next door to a pub that serves lovely food (check they are cooking "tonight" before going) so you don't need to know much to start with.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:57 pm

If it had a habitation check in October, it should still be ready to go.

If you're concerned about not knowing the ropes on site, go to one of the bigger club sites and explain that you've never been before - they will generally give you a run-through of what all the site facilities are and how they are used.

If you need to know how the bits inside the van work, just sitting down with the owner's manual and running through each thing in turn is the best way - if anything specific doesn't make sense, ask here and someone will probably know. It sounds silly but many of us have actually done it: a practice night "away" on your own driveway is a great way to learn, and you will discover all of the minor things like bottle openers that you have overlooked when packing.
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 18
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:52 am

We'll be at that site near Ford station in May if that helps. You're welcome to come and pick our brains.

Good to know the pub's OK, thanks Dave! 

Nora

Traficlady

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

amenities / facilities

Post by mike sinden on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:53 pm

hi, think I may of mislead some people , I was talking about the duetto itself / gas/water /heating /toilet /lighting etc , have had a look at the a/s manual , but doesn't explain properly . have been to campsites for years in larger m/homes so fine at the site, no problem .
I can connect on my driveway , but I don't want to try too many things in case I drain the battery .thanks anyway
mike sinden

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum