Legend Spare Wheel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legend Spare Wheel

Post by trocse on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:55 pm

Good morning,

I have recently purchased an Autosleeper Legend, however i cannot find a spare wheel location?
trocse

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Transit Legend GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Legend Spare Wheel

Post by burlingtonboaby on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:19 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum from sunny Bridlington , maybe under the rear , behind the rear wheel,
Boaby. (Expats)
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trocse on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:21 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum from sunny Bridlington , maybe under the rear , behind the rear wheel,
Boaby. (Expats)

Thank you for the welcome,

I was under the van lastnight and there is no sign of one, nor where one was!
trocse

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:17 am

Hopefully one of our Legend owners will provide an answer for you, some of the members have located spare wheels on their roofs.
Plenty of vehicle dismantlers in Fife, Inverkeithing used to have two really good ones ,also in Kelty .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trocse on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:43 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:Hopefully one of our Legend owners will provide an answer for you, some of the members have located spare wheels on their roofs.
Plenty of vehicle dismantlers in Fife, Inverkeithing used to have two really good ones ,also in Kelty .
Boaby

Thanks for the help

Yes still a good breakers yard in Inverkeithing, will try them for a wheel once i work out storage! 

The rear of the van had some welding done by a previous owner, so i think this may have given the chop to the wheel carrier!
trocse

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:43 am

One of our members from Dunbartonshire (macvanessa) had repairs done to their Duetto, they were looking for a spare wheel carrier, don't know if they were successful ?
I left Dunfermline in 1991 and used a few of the breakers yards in the area, ,one in Kelty helped me with body panels for a Bedford CF.
Good luck with your search.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ayarcee on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:01 am

On some models there was a storage area accessed from a drop down panel behind the rear number plate.  Might be worth checking as you wouldn't see it from under the van
ayarcee
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shipbadger on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:55 am

If your Transit has the same arrangement as the later Mk5 'Smiley' Legend you open the 'boot' above the rear bumper moulding.  On the back wall a hexagon screw head can be seen which is wound down by a jack handle.  The spare wheel cradle then drops down with the wheel.  Never wound mine right down but have checked that the thread is free to turn, well at least the start of the thread.  No knowing what changes may have been done either to the vehicle spec. or by previous owners.  If like me the boot is full of 'useful' things you'll probably need to empty it first.

Tony Comber
shipbadger
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RobM48 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:01 am

shipbadger wrote:If your Transit has the same arrangement as the later Mk5 'Smiley' Legend you open the 'boot' above the rear bumper moulding.  On the back wall a hexagon screw head can be seen which is wound down by a jack handle.  The spare wheel cradle then drops down with the wheel.  Never wound mine right down but have checked that the thread is free to turn, well at least the start of the thread.  No knowing what changes may have been done either to the vehicle spec. or by previous owners.  If like me the boot is full of 'useful' things you'll probably need to empty it first.

Tony Comber
....and another S4 member?.....!!!!
RobM48
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

View user profile http://www.robmilliken.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by shipbadger on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:33 am

Guilty as charged :-)
shipbadger
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by woody123 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:46 am

Hi , I found ours yesterday under the back of the van. Just behind the rear axle. Just a metal bar that was attached by a 2 bolts at each end. I can take a picture of it if you like, when it stops raining here. I checked with a garage and they said it was safe and just a modified version of a usual transits. It was really hard to lift the wheel into it and hook it up though.
woody123

Male

Auto-Sleeper : legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:05 am

I remember that, now youv'e mentioned it, had one on my Duetto of 1986 vintage....spare wheel seemed to weigh a ton..Whistle1
Hell of a job to hook on, and I was younger then.(of course I was. )lol4 
Really good arrangement though, just wound it up and down.  hugegrins
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum