Removing offside seat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Removing offside seat

Post by Doris on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Having read the topic about damp in front of the wardrobe I would like to have a look at the water inlet pipe as I think that it may be the source of Doris's damp patch. Problem how do you get to it. Have slide bench out and lifted cushion, have removed panel above water heater, no sign of water but how do you get the board to the right removed? I presume the pipe is in that area.
Doris is a 1992 Executive.
Hope somebody can help.

Louise
Doris
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing offside seat

Post by meanchris on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Don't know about a van of that age, but have you checked that the sink waste bowl drain behind the vanity panel isn't blocked with soap and debris.

The one on our '95 Exec was, and was causing the carpet around the washroom door to get wet.
The water overflows the drain bowl and runs straight onto the plywood floor behind the washroom, where you can't see it.
I blamed SWMBO for splashing around in the shower at first.

You may have to remove the vanity panel to get to the drain if the sink is the old type which doesn't lift off.
It's only a few screws, and just requires a bit of silicon sealant round the edge when replaced.

We also had a leak from the Shurflo water pump where the two halves of the pump body meet, which was spraying water out in a fine mist when the pump was running. Depending on where your pump is, could that be the problem?

meanchris

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing offside seat

Post by Doris on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:59 pm

Thanks but looked there first and found a leak where a tap was connected so sorted that. The pump is at the back of the kitchen unit and is fairly new, having broken when we were away on a trip.
We now know how to take the drawer out which should let us see the inlet hose. We will then out some water down it and see what happens. The other possible source mentioned on the post I read was the air inlet for the heater, alto it is a big hole the floor round it is dry.
I will find the source eventually as everything else gave an acceptable reading when she had her habitation check. She also passed her MOT with no advisories,  not bad for 25 years old.
Doris
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum