A little belter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A little belter

Post by Steve Dingle on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Just took the van out on the first run after winter, and found the seat belt had frayed - just below where it sits in the cassette housing. I suspect it might be mice trying to nibble their way into the warm. There's no evidence of mice inside the van, but i'm left with an "illegal" seat belt, and it's a struggle to get it on as the fray snags in the roll-up compartment. Do you think it's possible to replace just the belt, or would we have to have the whole thing changed - the male/female bits and the cassette too? Are seat belts generic, or do they have to be specific to the vehicle, which in this case is a 2002 Puegeot Boxer.
Steve Dingle

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A little belter

Post by Carver on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi
You will probably get a complete one from a breakers yard for not much money.  A genuine one from Peugeot will be expensive.

You can buy the correct type of webbing but I imagine it is quite a faf and you want to be sure that it will save your life if the worst happens.

Carver
Carver

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A little belter

Post by bikeralw on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:15 pm

Quite a few on ebay. I'm looking for some plastic bolt covers off the short buckle stubs that seem to have gone missing on mine.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/02-06-PEUGEOT-BOXER-290-SWB-VAN-OSF-SEAT-BELT-REF-DU178-575-/401188029953?hash=item5d68ab8601:g:dSoAAOSw4shX1~qF
bikeralw

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum