The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravan Club now Caravan and Motorhome Club

+19
Kingham
logburner
bikeralw
rich g
Jaytee
inspiredron
Eltel
Paramedic
pstallwood
PLOUGHLIN
Stewart John
Peter Brown
Askit
burlingtonboaby
frederic
Paulmold
Gromit
roli
rogerblack
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Caravan Club now Caravan and Motorhome Club - Page 2 Empty Re: Caravan Club now Caravan and Motorhome Club

Post by pstallwood Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Oh blow! (That is my expletive deleted version of what I actually said.)

Just remembered 5th Wheelers.

Must be more.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Caravan Club now Caravan and Motorhome Club - Page 2 Empty Re: Caravan Club now Caravan and Motorhome Club

Post by Paulmold Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Having read a lot of the reactions on the Club Together forum of the CC (sorry CAMC), over 700 posts,  I really didn't realise that so many caravanners despise motorhomes, one lady saying that we really irritate her. Some really vicious comments towards us from 'caravanners and CC members of 30 years'. Perhaps they could make new stickers for them warning us of their hatred so that we don't pitch next to them and waste a cheery 'hello'.
The change of name and logo really don't bother me apart from the cost, I hate change for change sake .

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:25 pm

What page was that on?
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:27 pm

I'm glad that they have publicly embraced the motorhoming fraternity and are planning for the future with our interests firmly in mind. The rebranding is a statement of intent, not a paying of lip service.

Well done and I applaud their bravery. 100% support from me.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:32 pm

frederic wrote:What page was that on?
frederic

Page 75 from Lulu2006

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Just added this on the CC forum ...
Well my new handbook arrived this morning.
After being a caravaner for 27 years and now a motorome owner for the last 6 years I think this whole discussion is non productive.
Without the Motorhome members you would have a lot less members and all the club running costs would have to be funded by the caravan users only.
Plus normally a Motorhome takes half the space on a site so this could lead to more available pitches.
Come on let's all play nicely!
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:54 pm

Peter Brown wrote:I'm glad that they have publicly embraced the motorhoming fraternity and are planning for the future with our interests firmly in mind.  The rebranding is a statement of intent, not a paying of lip service.

100% with you.
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:41 pm

Peter Brown wrote:I'm glad that they have publicly embraced the motorhoming fraternity and are planning for the future with our interests firmly in mind.  The rebranding is a statement of intent, not a paying of lip service.

Yes agree totally. It amazes me that people have so much time to complain and whinge ( I am talking about the CC forum complaning about MH's etc) about such a minor issue Vs other 'important' things going on in the Country. They really should get out more shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:11 pm

pstallwood wrote:My wife reckons it should be named "The Caravan, Motorhome, Motorcaravan, Camper, Campervan, Recreational Vehicle and Trailer Tent Club" so that nobody feels left out - I hope that I haven't left anybody's vehicle out!

Despite the name, at least 29 of their sites also take tents . . .
rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Posted by Lulu

I enjoy change and can understand why the club wants a more inclusive approach for motor-homers (who personally irritate me)  but are increasing in number!   However I feel the Club could have been more open with its intentions.  No mention at AGM I believe.  To find out by email yesterday is rather insulting. Logo looks a bit like new railway franchise but impossible job to please us all.  Ah well, first Brexit then Trump and now this!!!

got from the CAMC chat site
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:08 pm

frederic wrote:Posted by Lulu

I enjoy change and can understand why the club wants a more inclusive approach for motor-homers (who personally irritate me)  but are increasing in number!   However I feel the Club could have been more open with its intentions.  No mention at AGM I believe.  To find out by email yesterday is rather insulting. Logo looks a bit like new railway franchise but impossible job to please us all.  Ah well, first Brexit then Trump and now this!!!

frederic
I presume that lulu needed something to shout about  hugegrins Must have been really challenging for them, going from being a cave dweller to a caravan  biggrin

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by rich g Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:02 pm

I was at the NEC on Tuesday when they made the announcement,and i asked what changes are planned,i.e. when got on a pitch and reported what number it is,when i drive out for the day and don't leave something on my pitch its been taken.
So what was the point of me telling them the pitch i had paid for. 
They had no answers.
rich g
rich g

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:22 pm

It was interesting to read some of the anti-motorhome comments on the thread, complaints ranging from how annoying it was that the site looked as if it wasn't too full at first due to so many of the motorhomes having gone off for the day (!) to complaints about massive motorhomes on the next pitch overshadowing their little caravan and blocking out all the light (!) so we should all be corralled into separate dedicated areas on sites.

I know it's t'other one that claims to be the Friendly Club but I'd never realised how unfriendly this one was.     think_smiley_46

Our day will come, brothers and sisters, soon we luggers will outnumber these terrible tuggers and then we'll see who rules the roost.    Whistle1

Seriously, it's so sad that some folks harbour these divisive "us and them" attitudes.   However, I guess they are a minority since nearly everyone I've ever passed the time of day with on a site, be they caravanners, motorhomers or tenters have invariably been pleasant folk. 

At least to my face; goodness only knows what they've said behind my back afterwards  alittlesecret lol4
rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:48 pm

rich g wrote:I was at the NEC on Tuesday when they made the announcement,and i asked what changes are planned,i.e. when got on a pitch and reported what number it is,when i drive out for the day and don't leave something on my pitch its been taken.
So what was the point of me telling them the pitch i had paid for. 
They had no answers.
Erm how strange, you return to reception to advise what pitch no you've taken and are given the card (with pitch no) that operates the barrier. So how can it be possible for someone else be granted 'your pitch' if reception has booked it out beforehand regardless of whether there is evidence of occupation or not? However when given site map on occasions when site is almost full will it be indicated what pitches are available. Recall reception advises us to leave something on pitch if we ever took the van off site but never do as it's too big for daily outings.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:50 am

Askit wrote:

frederic
I presume that lulu needed something to shout about  hugegrins Must have been really challenging for them, going from being a cave dweller to a caravan  biggrin

allthumbz
Funnily enough we are still tuggers as well as MH's and have to say when we are out and about and on site etc  the MH people are by far the friendliest.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:37 am

I enjoy change and can understand why the club wants a more inclusive approach for motor-homers (who personally irritate me)  but are increasing in number! 
What a sweeping statement! Mind you I think there's a job for this person in the Trump government...
To be honest I'm glad I'm not a member of either of the two 'friendly' clubs if they have ambassadors like this.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Ditto for Al's post above.   hugegrins
logburner
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman
Vehicle Year : 1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:20 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:Still waiting for the 2017/8 site book  shrugg
Boaby
Mine arrived in this morning's post, rebranded  allthumbz

**EDIT** Just ignore this one Boaby, just noticed elsewhere that yours arrived yesterday up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:29 pm

One thing which is really starting to get up my nose with the CC (there are other things!) is the parking of caravans on "seasonal" pitches in prime locations. Example at Garlieston on the quayside, where there are only about five slots, the best of which has been taken by a seemingly unattended van with the grass growing up it's wheels for at least the last couple of seasons. I thought CC was a touring "club" (business, actually).
It's been interesting to see the hundreds of folks getting in a real tizzy on the CC website; most of them still seem to think that it is an actual Club, rather than a business. Whistle1

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Junige36 Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:11 pm

Caravanears and motorhome owners have different needs and choose sites accordingly. I find it frustrating that sometimes there isn't enough info in the book ( still waiting for the new one) about what I do within walking or cycling distance, some roads don't have pavements even to get to bus stop and sometimes buses no longer run.
Junige36
Junige36

Female

Auto-Sleeper : neuvo

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:46 pm

I wonder if they got wind of the National Trust and the National Archives re-creating London's  most Bohemian Rendezvous, The Caravan Club,  ( Endell Street) which was a gay and lesbian friendly club which opened in 1934, in the basement of 81 Endell Street, that was the subject of a sensational court case in 1934.
The re-creation is Thursday March 2nd - Thursday 16th March 2017 at Freud Café Bar at almost the exact site of the original.

As this is in the news maybe the CC heard about it. just wondering as you do!!!

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:57 am

daisy mae wrote:I wonder if they got wind of the National Trust and the National Archives re-creating London's  most Bohemian Rendezvous, The Caravan Club,  ( Endell Street) which was a gay and lesbian friendly club which opened in 1934, in the basement of 81 Endell Street, that was the subject of a sensational court case in 1934.
The re-creation is Thursday March 2nd - Thursday 16th March 2017 at Freud Café Bar at almost the exact site of the original.

As this is in the news maybe the CC heard about it. just wondering as you do!!!
hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins  Maybe they don't want an influx of new members and a loss of others who are not inclusive still.  drinksallround
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2