new motorhome tyres

View previous topic View next topic Go down

new motorhome tyres

Post by jomack on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:46 pm

After having a puncture which needed a new tyre in a one day old motorhome and done 40 miles we then found another tyre had a long piece of rubber plug sticking out of the tread which had obviously had a puncture but the job had not been cut and finished. Dealership said sorry, these things do happen, get the job finished and we will reimburse if necessary.
Am I wrong in expecting everything to be as new in a nearly £60k vehicle?
jomack

Male

Auto-Sleeper : broadway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new motorhome tyres

Post by Askit on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:36 pm

No, I don't think you are. This was a new van and it reasonable to expect it to be supplied with new tyres, not ones that have been repaired.

Last edited by Askit on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:38 pm

Hmmm, sneaky dealer, all apologetic when found out about undisclosed tyre repair. Perhaps can gain your trust again by offering to pay for the new tyre you had to have on day one?

Last edited by Paramedic on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Delete puncture for new tyre)

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

new tyres

Post by jomack on Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:30 pm

With much persuasion have been offered a new replacement for plugged one but really feel it could be two for the stress and inconvenience. Fingers crossed!
jomack

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:05 pm

That is too much of a coincidence!  It sounds as if the dealer has a pretty scrappy yard - debris in two tyres it sounds like!  One went down before you collected the van and the other was slower and only discovered by th etyre place once you had driven a few miles and thepressure dropped - presumably it was in the inside wall of the tyre WASN'T IT - scratch head.

That feels like a Name and Shame job  if the dealer does not cough up for two tyres.  And I hope that you have been all round the other three tyres - inside walls as well and including the spare!

Motorhome tyres are VERY robust and need some nasty debris to puncture them.  The vehicle would have had to be driven through a nasty crash site to get it in two wheels - Both same side or both front?  You may want to look for any scratches or other nasties on the bodywork in the area of those two tyres.

I am incensed for you!

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

new tyres

Post by jomack on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Thanks for the support, I was starting to think it was me who was unreasonable after speaking to dealership. Have been over everything with a magnifying glass. The faulty tyres were different sides , one back and one front. Kind of takes the shine off your new baby after a 5 month wait, but hopefully will get resolved.
jomack

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:17 pm

Yes, I'm with inspiration on this. The dealer had plugged one tyre presumably caused on the premises so what's the likelihood that the other tyre was not covertly (slow) punctured before you drove away with your brand new Broadway. This will be the basis of your challenge to seek recompense for your spend on the first tyre.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:58 am

"Not fit for purpose", springs to mind.....Whistle1
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

motorhome tyre problems

Post by jomack on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:28 pm

For those members who were kind enough to comment and give advice, I am pleased to say that after a 2 day visit to dealer we have resolved the tyre problem, new replacement and fair compromise regarding the first puncture. They also sorted a few other teething problems and very helpful to two " old codgers ". Many thanks to after sales manager Allan and technician Tony at BC Motorhomes, Ayr for their help and patience.
jomack

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Well done, and all you wanted from the outset was good customer service that was your fundamental right under the consumer protection act. Very pleased for you.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum