Wet carpet.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wet carpet.

Post by Pauline Stevens on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:36 am

The carpet is wet around the metal circular table mount nearest the cab. I thought that maybe it was coming from the windows so have removed the seat on the off side & left it for a while & it is dry. Next I investigated the drop down cupboard under the offside seat where I think the hot water tank is, to see if the carpet in there was wet and no it is not. The carpet is also dry just in front of this cupboard.The water appears to be coming up from around the edge of the metal table support. This has happened a couple of times before then dries up. Any ideas please?

Thanks for the lovely welcome to the Forum.
Pauline Stevens

Female

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wet carpet.

Post by Paramedic on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Hello Pauline and belated welcome to this most friendly and informative forum. I seem to recall mention of the table mount in relation to it's immediate exposure to the elements directly under the vehicle floor realising a poor insulation point and or water ingress? Certainly you can gain comfort that the wet carpet is not a result of leaks from other more serious habitation areas. I'm sure more definitive answers and solutions will be with you shortly from the experts on this forum. Regards

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:19 pm

I am not saying it's not the table socket that's letting water in but have a look under the o/s bench seat and check it's not the convoluted hose from the fill point to the f/w tank.
There have been previous posts if they are of use to you

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollyjohn on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:54 pm

This is spooky, I have a 1998 Executive and just today I have seen water and a white froth around the same table mount, on further investigation I removed the off side bed base and found wet carpet so I removed the inside trim and roller blind frame to find the large window has been leaking again, the carpets have an underlay which is stuck to the floor and may not feel very wet on top make sure by feeling where the carpet meets the van wall. Hope this helps
Hollyjohn

Male

Member Age : 68
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wet Carpet

Post by Pauline Stevens on Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:09 pm

Hello all and thank you for your replies re wet carpet. Hollyjohn seems to be a possible solution as we too have white froth coming up around the table leg fitting. As we are both of an age – old – whereby we can no longer bend about we will take our van to Autovan Ltd. We are lucky as they are just down the road to us. We will print off all your suggestions to give them so as to hopefully save in labour time & cost to rectify & correct the problem. Most grateful to you all. Pauline
Pauline Stevens

Female

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum