kitchen sink acting up, why ??????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

kitchen sink acting up, why ??????

Post by samleeds on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:55 pm

Like most of you I have 2 sinks, one in the bathroom and one in the rear by the pump. The longest run which is the shower and the sink in the bathroom are fine, they are strong and give great pressure. The sink directly above the pump with an 16 inch pipe run is terrible. I turn on the cold and the pump begins to chug and vibrate untill the tap is opened fully. At low speed it just shakes the whole kitchen cupboard to death. I have no air leaks or leaks anywhere so im thinking its the taps but they are the old metal type and hard to come by.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : vw clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: kitchen sink acting up, why ??????

Post by samleeds on Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:52 am

142 views and not one idea, come on guys, someone must be able to help. Should I change the taps but to what type as they are the ones that sit inside the bowl so the top folds down.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : vw clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:24 am

OK. A shot in the dark - and probably a load of rubbish. shrugg

If the taps are operated by micro switches, is the one in the dodgy tap corroded or so worn that it's making intermittent contact until fully open?

It almost has to be the tap if the other two are working fine. Pull it to bits and have a firtle, and check if O'Leary's have a replacement. They are as likely as anyone.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:40 am

Yep, go with gromits suggestions allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:21 am

Mine is just a pressurised system, and I don't think my sink taps, by the back window, have micro switches....I believe that switch is a pressure switch in the actual pump. i.e. Works when the pressure drops. Had to replace my pump a few months back, and it was the original one from 93. My pump is mounted on a ply board with rubber grommet between pump and base (screws go through thick rubber washers ) My sink mixer taps are metal chrome, and they look pretty new, so I think they are available, and I'm sure I've seen them about, although I can't remember where, but must be on line at a leisure shop, as I don't look much elsewhere.
If your toilet sink is working fine, and that might be one with micro switches, then I would be looking to replace hose from pump to kitchen sink tap, but firstly check the actual tap...are they rubber washer type valves ? Could be getting stuck when tap handle is loosened. Hope I've helped a bit, I know how frustrating it can be.
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:02 am

samleeds wrote:142 views and not one idea, come on guys, someone must be able to help. Should I change the taps but to what type as they are the ones that sit inside the bowl so the top folds down.

People are not obliged to help you, you know? They may possibly have other things to think about on Christmas eve.
A photo of the taps might help.

Frank
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:40 pm

There are no microswitches, the system is pressure operated. Opening the tap reduces the pressure and the diaphragm pump operates until the tap is closed and the pressure rises.

Either the cold water feed to it or that side of the tap are largely blocked.

Switch off the pump, disconnect the cold pipe at the base of the tap, switch on the pump. If you flood the van you need a new tap otherwise replace the pipe.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain on Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Peter's  Advice is exactly what I did when I had the same problem when we owned a caravan.

The tap was at fault, solution look on Ebay, change tap, problem fixed, of course you have to flood the van first to prove it is the tap!

Richard
rgermain

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mattpc on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:25 pm

The metal taps are very easy to find. There's usually second hand ones on ebay or autosleeper may well still have some. Certainly there were some on sale promotion PDF they sent out with special offers last year. When my van did this it turned out the water pump was playing up and leaking slightly. Rebuilding the pump fixed the problem. However, mine did this on all taps. Especially the bathroom but I think it did it on all taps.
mattpc

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman 2.0 LPG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum