The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Hope This Qualifies Me As A Member.....

+2
dbroada
Kingham
6 posters

Go down

I Hope This Qualifies Me As A Member..... Empty I Hope This Qualifies Me As A Member.....

Post by Kingham Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:40 pm

.....of the Grumpy Old Men's Club !

I've just finished taking the doorbell batteries out and making sure my front blinds don't leak light, before those darling 'Trick Or Treaters' start their rounds   boo broomstick

In my own defence, I finished a long weekend of nightshifts at 7am and I've only had 2 hours sleep, made worse by the little darlings having a an early practice run yesterday evening while I was having a couple of hours sleep before work. 
Not anticipating last night's practice run, the doorbell kept ringing, immediately followed by my Labrador loudly doing what he's trained to do, so yes I'm tired and even grumpier than normal shrugg

Ken.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

I Hope This Qualifies Me As A Member..... Empty Re: I Hope This Qualifies Me As A Member.....

Post by dbroada Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:31 pm

living in an upstairs flat we are fortunate in only occasionally having to put up with this American import, and one which I have no idea what is required of me so all they get is a "no thank you" if they do make it up the stairs.

However, removing the power from our doorbell is a no-no. We have a wireless bell, as do next door. If power is removed from our bell it will resync with theirs and not ours. If somebody rings our bell nothing happens but if somebody rings theirs we have to go down the stairs and open the door to no one.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

I Hope This Qualifies Me As A Member..... Empty Re: I Hope This Qualifies Me As A Member.....

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:54 pm

PIR light switched off, batteries oot the door bell, ear plugs in, the dog and wife are nearly deaf , sorted. Boom Boom
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by NORGIL Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:00 pm

I like the idea of giving them brussels sprouts coated in chocolate. It is trick or treat after all.

norgil
NORGIL
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:46 pm

NORGIL wrote:I like the idea of giving them brussels sprouts coated in chocolate. It is trick or treat after all.

norgil
Not sure the trick or treaters will be happy when they get wind of that one  snigger

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:10 pm

I'm pleased I'm not the only grumpy old man on the forum. 

I've just got back from an afternoon dog walk and moved my car off the driveway, which should look as if I'm not at home and deter any second attempts to get my attention, by actually knocking Whistle1

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:22 pm

We usually go through the Blackpool Illuminations. Should be all quiet when we get home. smile!
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down