thetford c2 electric flush

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thetford c2 electric flush

Post by sweetpea on Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:42 pm

electric flush failed on thetford C2 porta potti.when i finally discovered the flush reservoir and siphoned all the pink flush liquid out i realised that the tank was full of sediment,some of which had either clogged the impellor or blown the pump.can any one recommend a liquid solution to clean the black residue from the reservoir before i begin to attempt a repair,as i cannot identify the retaining screw for the pump.
kind regards   crogga all confused
sweetpea

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : peugeot executive
Vehicle Year : 1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thetford C2 electric flush

Post by sapper997 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Just a thought, have you checked the fuse in the toilet cassette compartment ?.....Ray.
sapper997
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : EXECUTIVE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: thetford c2 electric flush

Post by samleeds on Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Pink should be banned, it serves no purpose whatsoever except it is supposed to smell nice which it does not. Go to the pound shop and get several bottles of Zaflora, you get 10 or more dispenses for one bottle, it smells nice, it wont clog and no gunky bits to clog the pump. Ive only ever used Zaflora or cheap Aldi washing machine conditioner, but i now have a SOG unit installed and I dont need blue or Pink. Just pure water for the flush and emptying is a lot nicer as well.

Ray was right, the little fuse in the cubbyhole sometimes blows and people tend to overlook it. If you are not sure, fire a 12v battery over the 2 leads on the pump and if it splutters and sticks, submerse it in white vinegar and water and run it after a couple of hours. Vinegar cleans the inside of the pump and dissolves the pink gunky stuff.

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : vw clubman
Vehicle Year : 1993

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetpea on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:18 pm

dear sapper997 and samleeds thanks for your interest,have bought a couple of 3 amp blade fuses today,will try one tomorrow,fingers crossed.
kind regards crogga
sweetpea

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:00 am

sweetpea wrote:electric flush failed on thetford C2 porta potti.when i finally discovered the flush reservoir and siphoned all the pink flush liquid out i realised that the tank was full of sediment,some of which had either clogged the impellor or blown the pump.can any one recommend a liquid solution to clean the black residue from the reservoir before i begin to attempt a repair,as i cannot identify the retaining screw for the pump.

Hi and welcome to the forum from Bridlington
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:05 am

sweetpea wrote:electric flush failed on thetford C2 porta potti.when i finally discovered the flush reservoir and siphoned all the pink flush liquid out i realised that the tank was full of sediment,some of which had either clogged the impellor or blown the pump.can any one recommend a liquid solution to clean the black residue from the reservoir before i begin to attempt a repair,as i cannot identify the retaining screw for the pump.

Ours used to do this intermittently.

It never blew the fuse or burned out the pump though, just jammed the impeller as you suspect.

Thetford may have changed the pump and design slightly since our 1995 van but, in ours, the screw to hold the pump in was slightly to the right and above the pump body as you look down on it through the loo roll hole.
Ours was just the one screw.
Taking the pump out and turning the impeller with a terminal type screwdriver would free the impeller, until the next time.

Eventually I swapped the old pump for the newer type, which requires a padded sleeve to fit in the holder as the pump body is slightly narrower than the original.

I still can't persuade SWMBO to stop using the pink liquid in our newer van tap_fingers

meanchris

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:05 am

meanchris wrote:

Ours used to do this intermittently.

It never blew the fuse or burned out the pump though, just jammed the impeller as you suspect.

Thetford may have changed the pump and design slightly since our 1995 van but, in ours, the screw to hold the pump in was slightly to the right and above the pump body as you look down on it through the loo roll hole.
Ours was just the one screw.
Taking the pump out and turning the impeller with a terminal type screwdriver would free the impeller, until the next time.

Eventually I swapped the old pump for the newer type, which requires a padded sleeve to fit  in the holder as the pump body is slightly narrower than the original.

I still can't persuade SWMBO to stop using the pink liquid in our newer van tap_fingers
Get the other half to clean it out then, winks
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:07 am

I had this problem when I first bought the van, presume previous owners used the pink stuff, had to have a new pump, under warranty, cleaned out the gunge with warm water and soap powder, then rinsed well, took a while though, been clear ever since. never used the pink stuff myself.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetpea on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:41 pm

thanks to everyone who replied to this post.the engineer who does my hab.tests is coming in early dec.to fit me a new pump as s.w.m.b.o.isn't happy unless it all works.off to bradford tomorrow to get an estimate for a new arm on the fiamma awning which filled with water and collapsed in florence a month ago.some damage to canopy fabric which may be repairable with a fiamma repair kit.the man at fiamma advised a new awning even though it was only fitted 18/12 ago.i guess he sees more profit in this option even though the agent in florence was happy to repair.hey ho it's only money---quoted by her indoors.can't argue,she's still earning!
kind regards to you all,
crogga
sweetpea

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:01 pm

I know it's a bit of thread drift, but the water in the awning problem is inherent in the way that the Exec is set up. The aft end of the awning has to be set very high to allow the hab door to open and the forward end has to also be too high, which allows water to collect in the depressions between the arms.
This has cost me a lot of head scratching over the two Execs that we've owned, to try to figure out how to prevent this problem.

Eventually I bought a curved rafter to push the centre of the awning up and allow the water to run off, not cheap, but it does the job.

Oh how I envy those campers with the nicely angled fabric on their awnings, because the hab door is set lower than an Exec.

Another answer would possibly be to raise the awning up above the roof of the van, I think that there's a bracket kit that would allow this, so that a greater slope can be set on the fabric.

Either way, replacing or repairing the awning without finding a solution to the lack of, or too shallow, slope on the fabric will eventually result in the same thing happening again.

meanchris

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by the wanderer on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:27 pm

Hello people, got a c2 thetford toilet electric flush...which is not working..can anyone help with the location of the pump please.....and access. Ithink the pump is seized as when i depress the plunger the light dim...........HELP..the other half wont use it without a flush
many thanks
the wanderer

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : legend
Vehicle Year : 1990

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:53 pm

Pumps on bench toilets are located underneath the toilet roll recess.

When you have a minute you might like to introduce yourself here...

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/f36-asof-welcome-section-new-members-please-introduce-yourself-here

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:55 pm

Donator
Donator