weird gurgling noise ?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

weird gurgling noise ?????

Post by samleeds on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:47 pm

When I am sat stationary with only idle my engine purrs. As soon as i give her a little gas from say 800rpm to 1200rpm, I hear what can only be described as a gurgling sound like a wah wah peddle on a guitar followed by a slight vibration then it all disappears when I get past 1500rpm. This isnt noticable when i am driving, only when i am setting off and through all the gears. 

Ive looked inside the engine and under to see if the exhaust was rubbing on anything but i can see anything of note and it does not sound like an exhaust issue but who knows. Has anyone else suffered such a weird noise.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : vw clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: weird gurgling noise ?????

Post by samleeds on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:15 pm

It has been suggested that I bleed the water system in case there is air in it. I did this and it didnt help. Ive noticed one thing though. The outer 2 vents on the dash blow really hot air but the center 2 are allways cold. Im thinking maybe the heater matrix need flushing through. Could this be the reason I am hearing the gurggle, who knows.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Sorry can't help on this up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:35 pm

Jaytee wrote:Sorry can't help on this up!
Oh Bummer....I saw the reply then deflated when it was a non starter, lol.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mr standfast on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:04 pm

If you look on the VW T4 forum there is quite a bit about bleeding the cooling system. Ref. the air vents, on our Gatcombe the centre vents blow fresh air and the side vents blow heated . smile!
mr standfast

Male

Auto-Sleeper : VW Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:42 pm

Yup ! Mine too, as above.......centre vents only give cold air, really good when driving, with hot air coming in at every other vent. (Keeps the driver awake, and helps stopping the nodding off syndrome. hugegrins ) Vw heaters are really efficient in operation.
With regards your other query, would help if profile gave your engine type...ie, cc. Petrol or Diesel, and manual or auto transmission.
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:56 pm

logburner wrote:Yup !  Mine too, as above.......centre vents only give cold air, really good when driving, with hot air coming in at every other vent. (Keeps the driver awake, and helps stopping the nodding off syndrome.  hugegrins ) Vw heaters are really efficient in operation.
With regards your other query, would help if profile gave your engine type...ie, cc.  Petrol or Diesel, and manual or auto transmission.
my engine is a 2 liter petrol manual 1993 clubman vw

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:57 pm

logburner wrote:Yup !  Mine too, as above.......centre vents only give cold air, really good when driving, with hot air coming in at every other vent. (Keeps the driver awake, and helps stopping the nodding off syndrome.  hugegrins ) Vw heaters are really efficient in operation.
With regards your other query, would help if profile gave your engine type...ie, cc.  Petrol or Diesel, and manual or auto transmission.
my engine is a 2 liter petrol manual 1993 clubman vw

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:21 pm

That's a non starter then, mine's an auto diesel.........However, as Mr Standfast has said. the Vw T4 Forum is a great supplier of technical info, even if you just use their search facility, if you feel a little overwhelmed with the vast knowledge shown there. I would never have attempted to change my ignition switch myself, without the knowledge obtained from that site.......most likely, someone there has had exactly the same problem, and overcame it.......hopefully, its something reasonably simple, a lot are.
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:31 pm

Oh I'm glad I'm not alone with the vent issue ! Only trouble is our outside ones are blasting really hot air ! Not appreciated in the summer . Can't regulate them at all !! shrugg
Bagabargin

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:20 pm

Bagabargin wrote:Oh I'm glad I'm not alone with the vent issue ! Only trouble is our outside ones are blasting really hot air ! Not appreciated in the summer . Can't regulate them at all !! shrugg
The red to blue slide under the middle vents is the way to control the outside vents and center front window vents temperature, but if its hot air on the windscreen and no air in your sides, simply flip the wheel up and it blocks them off. i use the temp on full and the vent wheels just a little bit open and it works a treat. i still get hot air coming out but just through a little hole now not the full vent. The middle vents are not connected to anything except incoming cold air and they are always blocked off

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:06 pm

samleeds wrote:
Bagabargin wrote:Oh I'm glad I'm not alone with the vent issue ! Only trouble is our outside ones are blasting really hot air ! Not appreciated in the summer . Can't regulate them at all !! shrugg
The red to blue slide under the middle vents is the way to control the outside vents and center front window vents temperature, but if its hot air on the windscreen and no air in your sides, simply flip the wheel up and it blocks them off. i use the temp on full and the vent wheels just a little bit open and it works a treat. i still get hot air coming out but just through a little hole now not the full vent. The middle vents are not connected to anything except incoming cold air and they are always blocked off
That's what I mean , I can't regulate the temp on the blue/ red dial , seems to be stuck on one temp .. HOT !  

Sorry I'm hijacking your post ! so_sad
Bagabargin

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:43 pm

Bagabargin wrote:
samleeds wrote:
That's what I mean , I can't regulate the temp on the blue/ red dial , seems to be stuck on one temp .. HOT !  

Bagsabargain,

My van is virtually the same as yours and a 2003, I have three dials on the dashboard, the first circular line starts with blue and the circle half way round is then red, if you turn the dial as far to the left as it will go , blue, it will be cold air, turn to right red you will get warm to start with and then hot when turned to   the right, to the furthest point,  the second dial is the fan, numbered,  the higher the number the more you get hot air if heat is on or cold if off, the third dial denotes where the heat is directed, ie screen, feet, waist or a mixure of both screen and feet etc.

In the winter I have the outside vents on the middle vents off, the outside vents can be adjusted to direct to warm / hot air to the most comfortable position for you. Today I had the outside vents fully open and directed to the middle .

Hope you can get it sorted for your satisfaction, I am very pleased with the heater in my cab, very efficient and soons warmes up, when first driving off I have the heater off until the engine has warmed up by the gauge on the dash.

If you cannot regulate them I would say they are not working as they should and something is wrong somewhere.

Best regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:04 pm

daisy mae wrote:
Bagabargin wrote:
samleeds wrote:

Bagsabargain,

My van is virtually the same as yours and a 2003, I have three dials on the dashboard, the first circular line starts with blue and the circle half way round is then red, if you turn the dial as far to the left as it will go , blue, it will be cold air, turn to right red you will get warm to start with and then hot when turned to   the right, to the furthest point,  the second dial is the fan, numbered,  the higher the number the more you get hot air if heat is on or cold if off, the third dial denotes where the heat is directed, ie screen, feet, waist or a mixure of both screen and feet etc.

In the winter I have the outside vents on the middle vents off, the outside vents can be adjusted to direct to warm / hot air to the most comfortable position for you. Today I had the outside vents fully open and directed to the middle .

Hope you can get it sorted for your satisfaction, I am very pleased with the heater in my cab, very efficient and soons warmes up, when first driving off I have the heater off until the engine has warmed up by the gauge on the dash.

If you cannot regulate them I would say they are not working as they should and something is wrong somewhere.

Best regards,
Margaret
Hi Margret, yes mines the same , I'm not quite sure what is wrong but when we get it serviced in the spring we will ask and hopefully get it sorted , it's good to know that other people's work the same , so at least I know that it's just the temperature that is " stuck "   think_smiley_46
Bagabargin

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum