Newbie Peugeot boxer harmony 1996

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie Peugeot boxer harmony 1996

Post by Mossman92 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a 1996 boxer harmony which have used a fair few times already but have a few things we could do with help with.

1) The van came with an awning however it is not very practical for us, the awning has one large bag of poles, then another large bag for the awning . Being limited with space we have only ever used this once as it so much hassle to put up, take down, store etc. I have seen some air awnings on sites but would like to know how I can find the correct one to fit our vehicle, also what are your views on air awnings?

2) The aerial we have is becoming a pain, I have to fit thin aerial to a pole, attached the pole to some clips then attach these to the drivers door pillar then throw the aerial lead over the van to plug into the connection point on the other side! Can anyone recommend either a fixed aerial or possibly suction/magnetic that I can fit directly to the van and plug in and save the hassle?

3) once the aerial is in I have to set up the to each time in the van, has anyone fitted a fixed tv bracket to their van? I would be looking to fit this on the wall of the toilet above the wardrobe.

I think that's all for now, any help is much appreciated.

Joe
Mossman92

Male

Member Age : 25
Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Peugeot boxer harmony 1996

Post by roli on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:24 am

Welcome to the forum.
The "Air" awnings are quite bulky to carry, we have one for the last van which had reasonable carrying space.  Apart from the fact it was for a taller van (and needs to sold) It really would be a pain to carry in the Warwick, which is longer than your Harmony.
If its got a canopy awning fitted you could consider a Lillypad Windbreak which would give you sides and a front in a lot less space.
Regarding the TV aerial if you decide to go for a fitted one get a directional one such as a Status530 as the omni-directional ones are not as efficient

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Peugeot boxer harmony 1996

Post by KMRTOPAZ on Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:00 am

I assume that you will be thinking of a drive-away awning. There is a wide variety of makes, styles, sizes and prices currently available. We use a Khyam Quick Erect Tourer which is well made and really does live up to its name. It's 2.5 metres square has an external aluminium frame which is integral, and folds out with the canvas and back again. I can have it standing with the four corners pegged in six minutes. More time is needed to complete the pegging and attachment to the van.  Khyam have several sizes. It weighs 15Kg and I stow it on the bike rack.
Not too keen on the air beam types. Usually double the price. Makers dwell on the speed of erection but omit to mention how long it takes to deflate and pack. You need some advice from an air beam owner. I am biased !
Keith

KMRTOPAZ

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2005

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum