water filter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

water filter

Post by dieselman60 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:43 pm

hi everyone,just got back from n/ Norfolk on our first weekend away in our clubman gl
nearly got blown away hugegrins with the sea spray .one little problem though could anybody recommend a water filter to be fitted to the water system so we could the main tank instead of bottles of water.we were caravanners for a few years then a break ,now our lovely motorhome
thanks for any info smile!
dieselman60

Male

Auto-Sleeper : clubman gl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: water filter

Post by rogerblack on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Our previous motorhome had an inline filter which we had to remember to change frequently, a pain as it wasn't in a very accessible location. We also once had a leak from one of the fittings which caused loads of damp before we found it.

Our current model doesn't have one and rather than retrofitting one to filter all of the water coming from the tank, we simply use a Brita jug filter for any drinking water.

Just an idea, may or may not suit your needs.   agree3
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi

View user profile http://www.crailholiday.com

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:43 pm

britta jug all day long. filters leak and put undue pressure on the pump. plus the filter lies long before the taps so * Inappropriate Word * gets in after the filter anyway

Male

Auto-Sleeper : vw clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water filter

Post by dieselman60 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:57 pm

thanks everyone for your replies ,looks like its going to be a brita from now on hugegrins
dieselman60

Male

Auto-Sleeper : clubman gl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:29 am

http://www.purewateronline.co.uk/420430-Nature-Pure-Quick-Change-Basic.html

I've had an earlier version of the above linked filter fitted in the cold water line to the kitchen sink of the last three vans. I change the filter every three years or so. Its very effective and convenient.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:01 pm

I don`t bother with filters in the van, just take 2x5litre water containers for cold water / dog drinking, everything else water wise comes from the on board water tank, do have water filter at home though.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Hi Dieselman60,
Just had to replace my water pump, after 23 years.........I suppose its done a good turn, so replaced it with the same pump. hugegrins Whilst I had the cupboard shelf out, I saw that I had an in-line water filter.......this, I replaced like for like, as it was 3 years old. It was a 12mm. Aquasource Clear Water Filter, from "Danson Marine" at £20.45 item no. 361335040761.
You may get it cheaper, but I was in a hurry......could be a good price though.
Had been using a filter jug previously, but this seems less faffing about........ hugegrins hugegrins
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum