Cushions for Executive bed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cushions for Executive bed

Post by bassjohn on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi all

I have just joined the group having just bought a 1993 Executive based on the 2.5 Talbot.

I have worked out how to pull the beds out, but cannot see how I can use the extra cushions as infil behind the front seats to make longer beds.

I have two cushions which look like seat arms mounted on plywood and hinged (but not connected to anything). Ther are also two rectangular cushions which together fit the width of the van. It is all ocvered in the same upholstery so I assume it is original, but I cannot work out where they go.

I can post pictures if it helps, but if anyone had a diagram I would be gratedul.

Cheers
Happy motoring!
bassjohn

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1993

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cushions for Executive bed

Post by Paulmold on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:44 pm

It sounds similar to the bench behind driver on a Symphony. The arm rest with plywood hinged should locate in slot at end of bench when not needed for bed. Push seat forward, pull up arm rest and hinge it forward to meet the seat, then infill cushion fills the gap created. Hope that makes sense but then again it could be completely different on Exec.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:50 pm

The 2 big cushions are used as described above to fill in the gap left when the arms are lifted and dropped down onto the batton on the front seats that are pushed fully forward. The 2 longer thin ones are only used to fill the gap in on the bottom of the double bed scenario. Mine live in the loft as we dont like the headboard scenario when we use the double, we just drop both backrests down and allow the pillows to meet the side wall making a longer bed for my huge long lythe and athletic frame, lol.

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : vw clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NORGIL on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:06 pm

We put a piece of laminate flooring across the gap between the two flaps that form the bridge to the seats, then we put the two long thin square cushions in the gap between the seats and it makes a perfect infill so you don't get the feeling that your head might fall into a gap between the two singles.

norgil.

NORGIL
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 2001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bassjohn on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:54 pm

Thanks for the incredibly speedy replies! I think I can make sense of it now from the descriptions above.

John
bassjohn

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum