Television in Clubman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Television in Clubman

Post by NORGIL on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:31 pm

Where do you mount your tv in a Clubman and what type of bracket did you use ? Has anyone used a swinging arm type bracket?  We currently balance the tv on the shelf above the fridge which is ok but it would be good to have it permanently mounted.

Norgil

NORGIL
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Television in Clubman

Post by AndyPK on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Ours was on a swing-arm bracket mounted on the wardrobe side facing the cab..... Whoever installed it made sure that the wardrobe side was reinforced with timber on the inside of the 'drobe. Where are your aerial/power sockets for the TV?

Andy
AndyPK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Owned a Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:47 pm

I made my own simple set up. I placed a metal square 1 inch bar across the front in between the matrass gaps but those with cupboards can just lie it between the fronts. I then made 2 hook that screw onto the back of the tv so i just hook them over the bar and the tv hangs down. When we travel the tv gets unhooked and unplugged and left face down on the bed or the sofa with a pillow over it. Job done

Male

Auto-Sleeper : vw clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NORGIL on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:48 pm

Thanks Andy, The aerial booster is in the locker above the fridge and the power point is on the side of the cocktail cabinet. I am not averse to having a new socket installed or routing a new aerial lead.

Norgil

NORGIL
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyPK on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Our Clubman was 2000 (W) vintage, and the aerial booster fitted inside the wardrobe - I guess your aerial is on the near side of the 'van roof whereas ours was on the offside.....?

Andy
AndyPK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Owned a Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:11 pm

I have a bracket on the side of the cocktail cabinet, reinforced plate under the carpet inside the cabinet, other side  of bracket, aerial is in cupboard above sockets on side of cabinet,
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:26 pm

daisy mae wrote:I have a bracket on the side of the cocktail cabinet, reinforced plate under the carpet inside the cabinet, other side  of bracket, aerial is in cupboard above sockets on side of cabinet,
Ahh always wondered if you had reinforced your bracket mount ( or was it already there ?) confused3 We use the louvre doors cupboard for our telly with a swing out arm but mounted on the base on its side !! It lifts out on the bracket and drops down so it's not too high to watch . It does get in the way a bit when you want to use the work top and it does seem a bit of a waste of cupboard space but we haven't come up with a better alternative  twiddle_thumbs
Bagabargin

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NORGIL on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi Bagabargain, Where is your louvre door cupboard ? I dont have one of those.

Norgil

NORGIL
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:48 pm

NORGIL wrote:Hi Bagabargain, Where is your louvre door cupboard ? I dont have one of those.

Norgil
Above the cocktail cabinet above the fridge  smile!
Bagabargin

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:14 pm

Bagabargin wrote:
daisy mae wrote:I have a bracket on the side of the cocktail cabinet, reinforced plate under the carpet inside the cabinet, other side  of bracket, aerial is in cupboard above sockets on side of cabinet,
Ahh always wondered if you had reinforced your bracket mount ( or was it already there ?) confused3 We use the louvre doors cupboard for our telly with a swing out arm but mounted on the base on its side !! It lifts out on the bracket and drops down so it's not too high to watch . It does get in the way a bit when you want to use the work top and it does seem a bit of a waste of cupboard space but we haven't come up with a better alternative  twiddle_thumbs
No It wasn`t in when I bought it, the lady ( one owner ) before had her TV  in the Luton,  with wires running along the cupboards, a right mess. dealer took the wires out for me.

The cupboard above is the cereal, cake tin, etc, couldn`t manage without that as a store.TV not in the way of worktop and I have put a drop down work top extension at the side of the fridge, settee side.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmwdumptruck on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:46 am

Ours hangs out of the overcab locker.  The previous owner fitted a pivoting tv bracket to floor of the cupboard, the tv lays flat on the floor of the locker for transit, then just flips over and the bracket kind of clips onto the edge. Works as treat.
Bmwdumptruck

Male

Auto-Sleeper : VWClubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:47 pm

Bmwdumptruck wrote:Ours hangs out of the overcab locker.  The previous owner fitted a pivoting tv bracket to floor of the cupboard, the tv lays flat on the floor of the locker for transit, then just flips over and the bracket kind of clips onto the edge. Works as treat.
That's where I'd like ours to be , but our  overcab locker is stuffed with our bedding !  rolleyes
I did think about it flipping down from the cab roof but couldn't find the right bracket .
Bagabargin

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NORGIL on Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:23 pm

bmwdumptruck.   any chance of a pic or two please?

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, still looking at options.

norgil

NORGIL
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:36 pm

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:38 pm

Ive modified the above pic a bit since then and use smaller bed rolls and have a curtain to hide away the whole top when we are set up so only the tv shows below the floor of the upper bunk

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmwdumptruck on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Bagabargin wrote:
Bmwdumptruck wrote:Ours hangs out of the overcab locker.  The previous owner fitted a pivoting tv bracket to floor of the cupboard, the tv lays flat on the floor of the locker for transit, then just flips over and the bracket kind of clips onto the edge. Works as treat.
That's where I'd like ours to be , but our  overcab locker is stuffed with our bedding !  rolleyes
I did think about it flipping down from the cab roof but couldn't find the right bracket .
So is ours, but it still works.
Bmwdumptruck

Male

Auto-Sleeper : VWClubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:57 pm

My bracket was nicely fitted to the side of our cocktail cabinet...only, there was no fixing plate for a tv. censored! Could not get a new plate for mounting the tv anywhere...
Have now removed it, and am on look out for a replacement bracket shrugg
So.......any recommendations ? There are so many to choose from confused3
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:44 am

I removed the overhead locker door, made a copy (ish) bubble-wrapped it & stored it away.
Cut an opening to take a 21" tv/dvd & mounted it in the door, the tv is pivoted at the bottom to allow it to angle-down about 10 degrees or so.
As its built-in to the door, the speakers are covered & even at full vol, it was too quiet, so I ran a pair of good quality 5" full range units either side, the sat box & positioner box  are mounted to the inside wall of the storage-area & thus are well out of the way, the whole shooting-match takes no more room than original, swings up & open just as original & storage is the same!!
The tv & 2 say-boxes are connected via a fused 12v feed from the control box & isolated/switched via the on-board 12v panel switch.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

View user profile http://www.modelslipway.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NORGIL on Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:21 pm

Thanks again to all those who have posted. I have the same bracket as bmw has used so may try that, but I also like modelmans neat solution. Then again modelman has the skills to make an ocean going yacht out of a skip and a tube of sikaflex so I am always in awe of his efforts.

norgil

NORGIL
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:03 pm

Still a bit confused with my set up ! confused3 Nothing new there then. hugegrins The aerial & booster is situated in the wardrobe (off side) A long shaft Vision Plus 530, and as its packed up, is now going to be replaced with a new 580 model & amplifier, as its a direct replacement, with same diameter shaft, and can use the existing hole in the roof. allthumbz However...my tv bracket was attached to the cocktail cabinet, where also resides an aerial socket, that the tv is plugged into....(which is on the near side)
The coax must run down the wardrobe, across under the floor, and up through the floor on the near side, to the socket, beside the cocktail cabinet.....still, I suppose, in the grand scheme of things, an extra 10 ft. of coax won't make a lot of difference, when one considers the extreme runs on a house.
Outside, there is also an exterior socket, for both site tv aerial, and a satellite dish input, on the nearside......so I suppose the bracket should still be on the near side cabinet.
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum