Our forum

Go down

Our forum

Post by squip on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:46 pm

The forum has been going for just 10 months now and we have 923 members. I think that there is a fair chance that we shall have out 1000th member by the end of this year or if not then definately by the anniversary on 6th Feb 2012. I think this will be a brilliant achievement and credit must go to the forum staff and also to all of the members who have made this forum so popular. allthumbz
Keep a lookout for the 1000th member and give him/her a big cheer. BravoSmiley

squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Our forum

Post by Paulmold on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Well said Squip. allthumbz
Paulmold

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by orian on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi Squip,

I could not have expressed it better myself. big thumbs up

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:27 pm

I think many of the forum members have put a lot into recruitment but whilst big numbers are good I think the quality is good on here.

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plattypus on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Hear. Hear drinksallround
Roger
plattypus
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 2006 Symbol ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CC on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Thanks Squip, glad you and our other members see the forum as "Our Forum" up!

We were hoping to get up to 1000 members by Xmas or the New Year! But more importantly.....
It would be so much nicer if some of the absent members joined in more and helped with the forums success gimmefive

So come on everyone "Your Forum" (Our Forum) Needs You!!

Thanks to all those members who make the forum what it is, without which there would be No ASOF champagne

Keep spreading the word look here

CC

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:47 am

Hi Squip,

Spot on Mate allthumbz

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stevomar on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:24 am

squip wrote:The forum has been going for just 10 months now and we have 923 members. I think that there is a fair chance that we shall have out 1000
I remember in the early days having a 'bet' with CC and saying I thought we might make 500 by Xmas - it would be nice to get 1000 by the end of the year hugegrins
Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : VW Trident

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Membership of forum

Post by murph on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi All,
It is all well and good having 1000 members but if a large proportion of them never post anything, either as an enquiry, or as an attempt to help are not worth having.

Brian
murph

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:31 am

Hello Brian

You raise a good and valid point and I totally agree - However, it is well documented that most forums generally have more "Lurkers" and "Passive" members, than actual "Active" members that participate in discussion. Certain other forums claim to have "Many Thousands" of members yet their stats tell a very different story, so in that respect ASOF is no worse than many other sites.

A few months ago, I came in for quite a bit of flak when I deleted a number of accounts that were totally inactive, these members thought they were being treated extremely harshly and had all manor of excuses from ill health to being out of the country. The reality was most of these members had only signed on just the once when they registered, or some had not even signed on at all!

More recently we have relaxed the deletion of accounts, as some members just like to read topics and we cant really force them to participate as frustrating as it is - Hopefully in time these members will decide to join in, even if it's only to introduce themselves.

The biggest problem with a small community like ASOF is keeping members interested, without members input and discussion the forum simply cant grow! Sadly a few of our "Regular" members from the past have been absent of late which is somewhat disappointing but they obviously have their reasons.

What is important, is we have some really fantastic regular members on board who are only too happy to greet new members, and who never hesitate to help others with questions and advice - it's these members (yourself included Murph) I send a big "Thank-You" to, and as always thank you all for your continued support.

Regards

Admin.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

View user profile http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squip on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:00 pm

Well we nearly made the 1000 members by the end of 2011. The total was 981 so just 19 short. We shall easily make that by our anniversery in Feb.

squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:09 am

Admin wrote:?...... a few of our "Regular" members from the past have been absent of late which is somewhat disappointing but they obviously have their reasons.

As long as the reasons aren't related to the Forum itself then we shouldn't worry.

When I am on the move (as a "for instance" I have 3,500 miles in about three weeks planned for June this year!) then my contributions will probably fall to zero.

Also, with regard to greeting new members, I tend to greet those who seem to be a bit short on greetings from others, so I get a bit "patchy" on that particular subject. Sorry.

Anyway, I enjoy the craiche, heed most of the advice and remain grateful for the input of other members. So "Onwards and upwards for 2012!!!"

Best regards,

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:37 am

When members are on the move viewing and posting is reduced, particularly when out of the UK due to restrictive web pricing, so we tend to look for free wifi access. Like Dutto our annual June pilgrimage reduces postings and viewings.

This country also poses problems caused by the location of sites we tend to use. This last week for example I managed "some of the time" to access via a free wifi connection other periods I couldnt. Other times I could access by turning the portable wifi connection on the phone, but couldnt access via the dongle despite both being on the same network (till Feb-cant wait to shift the phone away from voda)

Also many members dont have mobile internet access so if they go on one of the long Spanish/Potugal club rallies they could be away for a couple of months

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by orian on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:49 am

I agree with the points made by Dutto and roli.

When we travel Europe in June/July we find it difficult or too expensive to use the internet and to be honest we are so busy touring and seeing new places we almost forget to relax. biggrin

I have tried to logon in the UK but that depends on the strength of the signal. One site I stayed on in Devon was so slow I think I could have made a cup of tea quicker than it took to reach the forum page. coffee_drink

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: