tyre pressure on a vw 2l clubman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

tyre pressure on a vw 2l clubman

Post by samleeds on Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:06 pm

My van does not have a weight plate nor a tyre pressure plate on her, so here is the info I now have if anyone can tell me what pressures i should be running, pleeeeeeeeze, its driving me nuts as vw and autosleeper cant help.

axle weight as of now Front 1210kg rear  1430kg total laden weight 2640kg which is 200kg under max allowed.

The tyres are 195/70 r15 c 102/104

The former owner suggests 3 bar front 4bar rear but they look spongy to me and the van does have a fair amount of roll on her. My local garage said the tyres need inflating a bit more but I cant find the correct pressure from anyone in this minefield known as tyre pressure rates. 

Can anyone help please, either by reading your own plate on your own vehicle similar to mine, or by virtue of researched info.

Last edited by samleeds on Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Male

Auto-Sleeper : vw clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tyre pressure on a vw 2l clubman

Post by Paulmold on Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:22 pm

Well irrespective of what actual vehicle is, according to Tyresafe a motorhome tyre of the size you have but with a load rating of 102 (they don't list 99) and with the weights you have given,  pressures should be 2.5bar (36psi) front and 3.05bar (44psi) which are a lot lower than you are running at present. See the chart here (scroll down to the actual pressure listings)..

http://www.tyresafe.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/motorhome-leaflet.pdf

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic on Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:05 pm

Our  2004 Clubman LE ran at 43psi front 48psi rear.
It had the uprated springs that the later T4 Clubman had and the ride was very comfortable.
frederic

Your inquiry / Anfrage:
On Vanco 2 tyres 195/70 R15C 8PR 104/102R TL
What are the recomended pressures for
a) Front axle 1260kg
b) Rear axle  1340kg
as on Motor home VWT4 

Answer
Front: 3bar - 43psi
Rear: 3.25bar - 47psi
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile http://rathlarg@btinternet.com

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:45 pm

Paulmold wrote:Well irrespective of what actual vehicle is, according to Tyresafe a motorhome tyre of the size you have but with a load rating of 102 (they don't list 99) and with the weights you have given,  pressures should be 2.5bar (36psi) front and 3.05bar (44psi) which are a lot lower than you are running at present. See the chart here (scroll down to the actual pressure listings)..

http://www.tyresafe.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/motorhome-leaflet.pdf
Ive just got back from storage and my readings were wrong. I have adjusted them to read what the tyres actually are and the pressures seem to be 3 and 3.25. All I can say is that in all my years of driving i have never seen tyres look so deflated yet are inflated past where they should be. Maybe I need to re evaluate my thought pattern. Thanks anyway guys.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : vw clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:46 pm

My 2003 Anniversary Clubman I run at front 55 and rear 64 as of door plate, this gives a comfortable ride and I never have had the rolling or wallering. on corners or otherwise. I don`t have air rides, this suits me and the van.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:10 pm

Auto sleeper recommend in the conversion handbook to refer to the manufacturers handbook for tyre pressures and then adjust a small degree according to vehicle payload. See this link to the 1993 Clubman GL manual (Section 6 for tyre pressure): 

http://autosleeper.vwt4camper.info/1993_Autosleeper_ClubmanGL_OwnersManualWM.pdf

That website also holds a copy of the 1992 VW Transporter owners manual (page 147 for tyre pressure):

http://autosleeper.vwt4camper.info/Aug_1992_VW_T4_Owners_ManualWM.pdf

This shows a recommendation of 3 bar at the front and 3.4 bar at the rear (for permissible axle load of 1285kg or more). I adjusted the rear to 4 bar as with bicycles on the back I was reasonably loaded. Tyre pressures are such a subjective point though and I would use the VW manual as a guide (as recommended by Autosleeper) and then adjust to your load/driving to suit.
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmwdumptruck on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:49 am

I think my door sticker says 54 front and 55 rear.
Bmwdumptruck

Male

Auto-Sleeper : VWClubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum