New side windows on Executive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New side windows on Executive

Post by Yorkie+1 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Our 2005 Executive on a Peugot Boxer, had cracks on the inside pane of the Windows. I think a previous owner didn't realise that on these ratchet Windows you lift and release before closing. Looks like they'd been forcing them shut, causing the inner pane to crack and cause delamination. They didn't leak so was tempted to leave them, but one started to puddle with water inside and the other was full of crud. So our best option was Eeco Windows nr Halifax. Fortunately less than an hour's drive from us. We took the Windows over to them so they could use them to mould the new ones. We decided as we were having both side Windows done to go with black privacy tint. Wow, it looks so nice now. So glad we decided to go for black. Excellent service from them. Quoted 2-3 weeks on phone, but actually did them in 3 working days. Very pleased with their professional service and attitude. Because we were not going through insurance, old age, they did them very cheap. So don't be put off, go and see them.
Sue
Yorkie+1

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New side windows on Executive

Post by mr standfast on Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:56 pm

Very interesting post. We need a couple of windows for our Cotswold Windrush caravan which we are refurbishing at the mo. Not had any luck finding secondhand replacements,so will give this firm a try ! It's only 40 mins from us,which is handy !up!
Rob
mr standfast

Male

Auto-Sleeper : VW Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie+1 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:35 pm

Hi mr standfast, Eeco have choice of three colour tints. Take the window minus the fastener handles. Few fine days next week. Good luck.
Sue

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Damaged Side Windows

Post by Dago on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:41 pm

Having just spent nearly 2 weeks in the Sunny South of France we too now have cracked windows around the bottom edges, on either side of our poor 2007  older Executive "Nancy".
Recently had the window seals replaced at Willersey back in June, so thought thinks were going to be ok now.

As we are "down south" and a bit away from Eeco, can anyone advise how long it take to get replacement windows from them. We shall obviously have to find some covered storage
now the autumn is a creeping in too !

Or, are there any other window replacement firms that people can inform us of, as possible alternative source ? up!

Many thanks,

Peter

Super Donator & ASOF Supporter

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 2007 Executive

View user profile http://www.akrovalve.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie+1 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:52 pm

Drago, I'm interested to know what caused your Windows to crack. The previous owners of our Executive had recently spent a month in France.

Sue

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago on Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi Sue,

It's Dago not Drago, ( although I am used to being called allsorts with my Surname ) !  snigger  .
Wasn't he in a James Bond film though !

Like Yorkie + 1 , maybe due to not always lifting the window to close it properly and also the high temperatures in Provence may not have helped.

Spoke with Nick today at Eeco, who is going to send us samples of both Brown tint & also the darker privacy tint that they now offer.
Looks like about 3 weeks to ship & supply 2 new windows, so looks like no more travelling in 2016 for us.

Have been advised to remove all latches from the damaged windows before we get them collected from us, so that at least the catches can't get damaged also in transit.  Probable cost in region of £700-800 all inclusive for the 2 windows.

More news to follow.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie+1 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:33 pm

I put Dago, predictive text changed it

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie+1 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:41 pm

Sorry, the next line of my reply has not appeared, which is why I tried 3 times. Maybe because I pressed return? Dago, Is camping near Halifax out of the question? We got our Windows done in 3 working days, by taking them in in person. We taped heavy duty polyethylene in. I think we could have slept in it with enough blankets and the heating on. Or try pricing up your own courier, you might be surprised.

Sue

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Just sent my windows off to Eeco. so will see how things progress. Hopefully not too long to wait for the new ones.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum