The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poop !

+3
jollywalker
daisy mae
fenderbender
7 posters

Go down

Poop ! Empty Poop !

Post by fenderbender Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:56 pm

I'm afraid I need to have a moan. Almost every site I've been to over the past couple of years have had dog poop somewhere, and that includes club sites. I'm sure most people are responsible dog owners but there seems to be an increasing amount that couldn't care less.
I've walked quite a few miles of the Cleveland way recently but I've no idea what the scenery was like as I had to walk looking down, it seems there are at least some who pick it up because every other bush seems to have a small black plastic bag hanging, waiting for the poop fairy to take it away.
The favourite trick on campsites I've noticed is for families to allow the youngest member (about 3) to walk the dog round the field with obvious results.
Aaaagh!
Is there such a thing as dog nappies ?
Rant over

Dave
fenderbender
fenderbender
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Transit
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Poop ! Empty Re: Poop !

Post by daisy mae Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:06 pm

If I see any one leaving the poo their dog has made I will offer them a bag. just back from the Lincoln show, I saw only one lot of dog mess some lazy so and so didn`t pick up, and there were thousands of people and dogs, so think the majority are responsible dog owners, the rest give us all a bad name. so_sad

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by jollywalker Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:11 pm

I know what you mean.
I take my dog with me, keep her under close control at all times, and always clear up after her, immediately.
However, so many times I have had other dogs run loose over to us and cause a nuisance, even trying to jump up into my van, and the owners seemingly oblivious to what their dog is up to. It's especially annoying when food is about and someone's dog is sat drooling at you.
And here in the Cotswolds we too have people expecting the poo fairy to carry away their discarded black bags.
Sadly seems to be a sign of the times, too many people with poor manners and low moral fibre.
Jollywalker
jollywalker
jollywalker

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by crisp Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:46 am

And if I hear one more time "he's just being friendly" when some uncontrolled wolf runs at me or the grandchildren and begins to lick, push or bark , I cannot be held responsible for my own friendly actions!!!
crisp
crisp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:07 am

I don't let our dog lick children.

Never know what she might catch!  lol4
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:42 pm

We've got a public footpath running through our garden that's mostly used by dog-walkers. I have to say that 99% of them treat it with respect, but as ever, there's always the odd one.
We've had incidents of dog poop left unadorned and, on occasion, the poops been bagged and hung from a nearby branch. Now, a few people have said that the owners hung it there to be collected on their return journey, but they somehow seem to have conveniently forgotten about it. Quite often when out walking we see this practice, which I reckon is just as bad as leaving it uncovered, as it'll take weeks for the bag to degrade and then the contents will still have to break down too.
Another phenomenon of late, and which I noticed this morning following a car into town, was that the owner (presumably) had hung the offending bag on the car's rear windscreen wiper. I guess this is so it didn't stink the car out on their journey home. However, watching a heavily laden poop bag swinging around at eye level in front of you whilst driving isn't the prettiest site. look here
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:31 pm

On my Shrawley facebook page last weekPoop ! 14212060_10208414295448371_1877347216833936762_n
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum