water inside window

View previous topic View next topic Go down

water inside window

Post by bonnie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:01 am

Hi there.  When we came back from a recent trip and parked on our sloping drive, we noticed there was water inside the main side window.  This only became noticeable when parked on a slope.  I wondered if anyone else has experienced this, has an idea of where the water may have got in, and how to get it out.  It is a 1999 Talisman.
thanks
bonnie

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman 1999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: water inside window

Post by NORGIL on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:24 am

If the water is between the acrylic panes then I would suspect condensation is the problem. I had a phase of getting a lot of condensation in my Clubman side windows. No idea why but it eventually cleared itself and hasnt happened since. The only way to remove the water is to introduce a very thin tube through the small hole in the inside pane. Is the little bung missing ? That my well be the root cause of the problem. If it is you can get new ones off ebay, or I am sure someone on here said that the base of a bic biro fits.

Norman

NORGIL
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: water inside window

Post by bonnie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:05 pm

Thanks.  I've had a look.  The bungs are there.  The acrylic does have some slight cracks on the inside pane near the bungs.  I don't know how much space there is between the panes, but it looks like quite a lot of water.  Parked on a slope  (maybe 25 degree slope?) there are about 3 inches of water at the bottom end of the window.
bonnie

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman 1999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum