Removing a corner of carpet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Removing a corner of carpet

Post by mattpc on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:51 pm

I feel like I'm forever posting threads on here asking for help but here's another one. (In fairness I have been living in my van about 6 months a year for the past two years so I suppose I should expect things to need doing. I do try to contribute by helping where I can and posting what my eventual solutions to problems is).

Anyway...

I'd like to take up a small corner of the original carpet in my Autosleeper Clubman and then put it back. It's an area next to the gas fire and the carpet does not appear to go under the gas fire (I've taken the access panel off below the fire to check). I'd like to take the carpet up and then lay it back down again, ideally without cutting anything. How is the carpet attached to the floor please?
mattpc

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman 2.0 LPG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing a corner of carpet

Post by daisy mae on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:22 pm

Mine wasn`t , attached that is.

It was laid first over the floor and then AS built the furniture etc, on top of the carpet, I took all mine out in the lounge area by using a Stanley knife and cutting around the edge of the furniture etc, then it came out in one piece, I didn`t want to relay it as I put in vinyl wood effect flooring, the carpet under the fire as far as I could see went as far as the metal plate on the floor., just under the fire.

Hope this is of some help.

Not to worry about asking for help on several issues, you need an answer so ask away.

Best regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing a corner of carpet

Post by mattpc on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:26 pm

Thanks Margaret, I don't remember seeing a metal plate under the fire but I will look again. However, I can see your van is 11 years younger than mine so there could be slight variations.
mattpc

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman 2.0 LPG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum