Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting autosleeper fever, lol.

Post by samleeds on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:28 pm

Thanks for all the help guys and especially Marco, one of natures truly nice people. His camper, now ours ish, is in fantastic condition and is a true credit to marco and his TLC skills. The 10 hour round trip drive pailed into insignificance after we drove into his drive to be met with a gleaming Clubman. Mission control is still buzzing and I swear to god she only shut up for 30 seconds all the way back up the M1. Funny thing is that last month she wasnt keen on an Autosleeper, but she is now seeing the light, lol.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : vw clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:48 pm

Congratulations, when you do you get it? bet you are planning your first trip. Happy camper Well worth waiting for then?.

Best wishes,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:06 am

Marco has his own personal number plate on it so we need to get that moved off first then when he is comfortable with things and i can plan another trip south of Watford, we will pick her up. cant wait but slowly slowly catch a rabbit and I also need some time to order things that will need to be put on her like solar and other equipment I need for my personal sake.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Add6598 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:13 am

Hi Sam,
Glad it all worked out. I will soon be in a not too disimilar position to you and was following this thread closely.
Enjoy, Adam
Add6598

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None...yet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wargenwolf on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:28 am

samleeds wrote:Ive tried replying to 2 messages and dont know if i am doing it right, i cant see how to get my message into a separate box

Hi Sam, 

I think I know what you are referring to scratch head

When you click on the 'quote' button, the quote appears in a yellow box and you need to click on the white section beneath the yellow to type in that area. If you type without clicking in the white area, your response goes in to the quote box.

On my iPad, if it is a long post that I want to quote, the white section doesn't appear on the screen and I have to collapse the keyboard, which then allows me to scroll to the end of the quote and click in the white section.

I hope that isn't as clear as mud ?

I'm over the moon that you got yourself a van too.... Well done and enjoy your travels allthumbz

Ken.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:38 am

Wargenwolf wrote:
samleeds wrote:Ive tried replying to 2 messages and dont know if i am doing it right, i cant see how to get my message into a separate box

Hi Sam, 

I think I know what you are referring to scratch head

When you click on the 'quote' button, the quote appears in a yellow box and you need to click on the white section beneath the yellow to type in that area. If you type without clicking in the white area, your response goes in to the quote box.

On my iPad, if it is a long post that I want to quote, the white section doesn't appear on the screen and I have to collapse the keyboard, which then allows me to scroll to the end of the quote and click in the white section.

I hope that isn't as clear as mud ?

I'm over the moon that you got yourself a van too.... Well done and enjoy your travels allthumbz

Ken.

Obviously your explanation was clear as the proof is here for all to see, many thanks.
samleeds

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:24 pm

Hoorah !! I love a happy ending up!lets_dance
Bagabargin

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fenderbender on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:46 pm

Great stuff, have fun with it.

Dave
fenderbender

Male

Auto-Sleeper : symphony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:08 pm

Great news Sam, hope you have many happy years with your van, hope to see you over on the coast sometime.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pixie on Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:13 pm

This thread is very interesting, because OH and I are in much the same position.  We have a car each, hubby's is older but is a VW, he is prepared to trade it in against a Clubman.  Like Sam and his wife, we need the two side couches for single beds (both arthritic pensioners).  Trouble is, a decent Clubman is (a) as rare as hens' teeth  and (b) pretty pricey.  Up here in the North West, you are looking at £15k+ for a '95 model.  Still, you never know what is round the corner!
pixie

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyxs on Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:45 pm

pixie wrote:This thread is very interesting, because OH and I are in much the same position.  We have a car each, hubby's is older but is a VW, he is prepared to trade it in against a Clubman.  Like Sam and his wife, we need the two side couches for single beds (both arthritic pensioners).  Trouble is, a decent Clubman is (a) as rare as hens' teeth  and (b) pretty pricey.  Up here in the North West, you are looking at £15k+ for a '95 model.  Still, you never know what is round the corner!

Welcome Pixie ! up!
There are other models that have 2x side beds also .
I missed a beautiful Ford Transit based 2002 Auto Sleeper last night for just £4700 !

It might be a little large for what you have in mind but was beautifully appointed. I think it was called a Rienza or Pollenza ?  anyway it had a huge rear seating /bed area and was gorgeous.
When I looked again it had been taken off sale .

johnnyxs

Male

Auto-Sleeper : duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pixie on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:03 pm

Thank you Johnny for the welcome.  We've looked at a Pollenza, but it was a bit big for us.  The Topaz has one fixed side seat and you can make up another one the other side, judging from photos on Ebay, so we may take that route.  But motorhomes definitely seem cheaper South of Watford - we think it must be because we up here want to travel away from the bad weather, whereas southerners don't have that problem!
pixie

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f on Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:26 pm

johnnyxs wrote:
pixie wrote:This thread is very interesting, because OH and I are in much the same position.  We have a car each, hubby's is older but is a VW, he is prepared to trade it in against a Clubman.  Like Sam and his wife, we need the two side couches for single beds (both arthritic pensioners).  Trouble is, a decent Clubman is (a) as rare as hens' teeth  and (b) pretty pricey.  Up here in the North West, you are looking at £15k+ for a '95 model.  Still, you never know what is round the corner!

Welcome Pixie ! up!
There are other models that have 2x side beds also .
I missed a beautiful Ford Transit based 2002 Auto Sleeper last night for just £4700 !

It might be a little large for what you have in mind but was beautifully appointed. I think it was called a Rienza or Pollenza ?  anyway it had a huge rear seating /bed area and was gorgeous.
When I looked again it had been taken off sale .

Hope your £4700 Autosleeper wasn't on ebay. Sounds to good to be true. Taken off because it was reported as scam

rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyxs on Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:31 pm

rose49f wrote:
johnnyxs wrote:[

Hope your £4700 Autosleeper wasn't on ebay. Sounds to good to be true. Taken off because it was reported as scam

did you also see this Autosleeper advertised ? I assume the price was a typo.

I don't suppose you noticed which model it was did you ? I think it was a 2002 or 2003 reg . I have a couple of other images of the exterior but don't recognise the model.
Its an unusual layout for a Med/small MH
johnnyxs

Male

Auto-Sleeper : duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:18 pm

Its a Rienza

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pixie on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:01 pm

Thank you daisy mae for the advice.  I do agree, the Clubman is the route to go.  I'll just have to be persistent and patient - and as you say earlier - inevitably have to stretch the budget a bit more.
pixie

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum