The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

condensation in shower room

3 posters

Go down

condensation in shower room Empty condensation in shower room

Post by Nancy Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:29 pm

We have just purchased a Neuvo 11 2011. I noticed today that there is condensation in the shower room on the mirrors, walls and plastic fixtures, sink, shower partition etc. The weather yesterday was hot and today is cold so I am presuming the change in temperature has caused the condensation. I have opened the vent the shower room to combat this. This is my 3rd motor home, had a chausson before this and I never had a condensation problem in that. Is this normal in the Neuvo or do we have a problem. I have only had the motor home 2 days so still under warrenty. Would be grateful for any comments I might be making a mountain out of a molehill. Thanks for your help in advance.
thanks
Nancy
Nancy

Female

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Neuro 11 EL
Vehicle Year : 2011Vehi

Back to top Go down

condensation in shower room Empty Re: condensation in shower room

Post by moggyminor1966 Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:24 pm

We had a 2011 Nuevo II EK and never had any condensation when not being used. Obviously you do get condensation when using the shower as there is only a small rooflight but after use we used to leave the door open a bit and it soon clears.
If you are getting condensation in the bathroom when not in use then I am surprised as even in the depths of winter it was always bone dry.
I would prop the bathroom door open when not in use and see if the problem persists.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:46 am

As you know, condensation occurs when warmer air makes contact on a colder surface. By what you describe this should not happen under normal circumstances other than creating moist warm air from use of shower. But this should quickly dissipate via the ambient warmer air or by ventilation. May need to exclude a possible damp problem but if there is no evidence of mould growth, then my suggestion has alarmed you unnecessarily to which I apologise.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:18 pm

Thank you for your responses. I've opened vents and left the bathroom door open which seems to have cleared the problem. I will keep my eye on it. No mould problems so hopefully it was a one off. Thanks again
Nancy
Nancy

Female

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Neuro 11 EL
Vehicle Year : 2011Vehi

Back to top Go down