High Peak canalside site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

High Peak canalside site

Post by Paulmold on Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:39 pm

It's called New Mills Marina. It is a new CL which only opened last September. It's not in the CC book but is on the website. It's all hard standing, all with electric. There are two new toilet cubicles, one is a wetroom and the other is a toilet with shower cubicle. Toilets are not separate so I thought there could be a queue in the morning but never had a problem, but having own facilities won't be a problem anyway. Town of New Mills is just a few minutes walk with a town trail available from the heritage centre including the award winning Millenium Walkway. Several pubs close by, either walking on road or along towpath. Plenty of walks close by, Kinder Scout not far away, train station next door and buses from the town. Not cheap at £17.50 per night but does include free wifi. Lovely outlook from pitches to the canal marina with all the narrow moats moored.

http://www.canalmarinas.com/new-mills/
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: High Peak canalside site

Post by burlingtonboaby on Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:49 pm

Sounds like your having a great time Paul, how's the weather ?
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:56 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:Sounds like your having a great time Paul, how's the weather ?
Boaby
We went from New Mills to Asbourne C&CC site for 3 nights (it rained for 2) but back home now. New Mills was really good with great weather for all 4 days.  Next outing, Lincoln Show. Are you home now?
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Paulmold wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:Sounds like your having a great time Paul, how's the weather ?
Boaby
We went from New Mills to Asbourne C&CC site for 3 nights (it rained for 2) but back home now. New Mills was really good with great weather for all 4 days.  Next outing, Lincoln Show. Are you home now?
I will be picking your brains Paul for some good beach sites on Anglesey, we haven't been over that way for a few years. Properly give Scotland a break for a season and let the locals have their pool back in Stonehaven .
Been back for a week, Paul , been repairing my side sun awning, fortunately I had my old awning from my nuevo the the garage to take some springs from.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:34 pm

Thanks for the link Paul, those look nicely located sites,
nuevoboy.
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2005

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by almar on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:18 pm

New Mills sounds good we will try it sometime, have you tried the Quiet woman at Earl Sterndale a proper with open fire, they don't do food except for pies on the bar, campsite next to pub [see landlord] the outside door for toilets is usually locked overnight, good walking area and there is a bus service to Buxton.
almar
almar

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : symbol
Vehicle Year : 2005

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum