Air suspension

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Air suspension

Post by samleeds on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi Guys

Thanks for adding me and here is my first post. I have just acquired a 96 legend autosleeper on the ford transit chassis and I was thinking of putting a scooter on the back. I guess I will need air suspension bags so does anyone have any advice for me please.

Regards Sam
samleeds

Male

Auto-Sleeper : vw clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Air suspension

Post by burlingtonboaby on Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi Sam
Welcome to the forum from Bridlington , I have had Alko airtop air assist units and currently have Dunlop air assist fitted to my current van, ideal for road handling ,(cornering) vehicle levelling on pitches etc etc.
However cannot advise if the air assist units would help when carrying a scooter on a rear wheel driven Transit?
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Air suspension

Post by m8form8 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:42 pm

I suspect the overhang might be a bit of a problem, thinking back to our transit of a similar era. How much weight is the scooter going to be even with air assist it might be an issue. Before deciding to change van for a different layout to our transit autosleeper i was thinking a tow bar and a scooter rack on that, best ones are like this, croped up on another discussion, just needs twin tow balls on the back, no problem with suspension or length behind axles with these.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WHOW_I-clrU
m8form8

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum