Refreshing the interior

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Refreshing the interior

Post by Onlysme on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:05 pm

Hello

Has anyone had the interiors of their campers re-upholstered? I have just bought a 2002 Gatcombe 2.5 TDI (after many years in a fabulous but thirsty 1993 Clubman petrol), and whilst the original fabrics are in good condition, I am considering updating and personalising it by having new fabrics done.

Looking for any advice, recommendations of companies that have done a good job, ideas of prices paid and any before/after comparisons.

Many thanks in advance

Marco
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refreshing the interior

Post by Paulmold on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:07 pm

Daisy Mae is the one in the know.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:39 am

I had my Anniversary Clubman ( same as your Gatcombe ) reupholstered last June by Reluxe,  Premier Furnishings who do Auto-sleepers and other builders.

There are photos on this forum before and after. I had full leather cab seats and half leather, half material in the habitation side.

If you ring Casey she will send you samples and prices, just mention that I recommended her. not that I get a commission, hugegrins

Well worth having done , the difference is amazing, and I love the leather cab seats especially.

Best regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:47 am

daisy mae wrote:I had my Anniversary Clubman ( same as your Gatcombe ) reupholstered last June by Reluxe,  Premier Furnishings who do Auto-sleepers and other builders.

There are photos on this forum before and after. I had full leather cab seats and half leather, half material in the habitation side.

If you ring Casey she will send you samples and prices, just mention that I recommended her. not that I get a commission, hugegrins

Well worth having done , the difference is amazing, and I love the leather cab seats especially.

Best regards,
Margaret
http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t14814-anniversary-clubman-refurbishment-2#119964
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:48 am

daisy mae wrote:
daisy mae wrote:I had my Anniversary Clubman ( same as your Gatcombe ) reupholstered last June by Reluxe,  Premier Furnishings who do Auto-sleepers and other builders.

Best regards,
Margaret
http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t14814-anniversary-clubman-refurbishment-2#119964

Link above.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:48 am

Another firm to consider is Regal Furnishing, also in Ilkeston, did an excellent job on our previous van. Have a extensive range of fabrics and found them very helpful.

Well worth doing, it makes a real difference to the look of the van. 

Mike
Mike187
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:25 am

We are considering a total revamp of the upholstery in the Sigma the interior seats are getting abit thread bare and sun bleached.
Will have a look at Regal and Reluxe websites and contact them for estimates.
Your van interior Margaret looks brand new
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:49 am

Margaret & Mike - many thanks for company recommendations. I will certainly look at them both.

Margaret - Thanks for the link to view yours, wow what a transformation! Looks really fab.

Marco
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:45 pm

Also have a look at the thread on our old van that we had reupholstered at Regal, then re-floored by myself and a pal.

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t11610-new-interior-upholstery-your-opinions?highlight=upholstery
meanchris

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:01 pm

That looks really good as well, love the flooring as it sets it all off nicely.
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:50 pm

The floor in the upholstery thread is a fake, photoshopped by me to see what it was going to look like.

Here's the thread which covers the floor and replacing the cab carpet.

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t13923-executive-95-gets-new-vinyl-flooring-pics?highlight=new+vinyl+floor

EDIT:

Due to the new owners having to unexpectedly renovate the plywood floor under the kitchen cupboards, they expressed concern that the vinyl might be a problem if it was damaged.
I was going to offer to help, with sourcing the identical replacement planks, and possibly with helping to get them laid.

So, 'pepsi', if you're still watching here, how's it going?
meanchris

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:28 pm

That looked a lot of work to put the floor in, but really worth it for the end result. The wood effect really complimented the existing cupboards, which is a concern of mine with a wood effect floor. Can you remember what make and colour variant of wood vinyl you used?
Again great job on the transformation, you made it look brilliant.
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:39 pm

It's a range used by our commercial flooring pal, called TLC, I'll ask him which particular colour and product it is and report back. We also have it all through the ground floor of our house. up!
meanchris

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:40 pm

That would be great, thanks.
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:51 am

Ours was apparently TLC 'True Forest' Country or Classic Oak, we can't remember which we chose but they're similar.
meanchris

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Thank you, I will try and find some to look at.
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:02 pm

Thank you for all the suggestions and recommendations. After taking to both Regal and Reluxe/Premier, we have taken the plunge today and booked the Gatcombe in with Reluxe/Premier (although they are currently booking for January 2017)!!

Margaret - I hope you don't mind but we liked your new interior so much they are using it as basis for doing mine smile!

I will post before / after photos in January
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:30 pm

Onlysme wrote:Thank you for all the suggestions and recommendations. After taking to both Regal and Reluxe/Premier, we have taken the plunge today and booked the Gatcombe in with Reluxe/Premier (although they are currently booking for January 2017)!!

Margaret - I hope you don't mind but we liked your new interior so much they are using it as basis for doing mine smile!

I will post before / after photos in January

No I don`t mind, are you having the same material or a different pattern / colour ?
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:28 am

Not sure on the pattern/colours yet, they have sent me samples and I'm waiting for them to arrive. My interior has the dark green cooker and sink with a green/grey wall covering/floor, so we are looking at the colours in relation to this (although the floor will be replaced before the upholstery). I do love your colour and material combination though, and had always planned to go full leather in the cab and half leather in the rear.
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:56 pm

Well it seems like an age since I started this thread, but I'm happy to say our camper has been at Premier Furnishings since Monday and I collected it today. To say we are pleased with the result is an understatement. I will attempt to post some photos..
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:58 pm

Our Gatcombe as we collected it in September 2016:

Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:00 pm

And now after the new floor and Premier Furnishings re-upholster:

Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:10 pm

Other changes included adding the dual front seat (so that we have 3 full safety belts), replacing the fridge (new model is Dometic RMS8401 which fits perfectly in the space and is a little larger), adding 2 x 50w semi flexible solar panels to the roof at the front either side of the top front window along with a dual battery controller, and fitting the satellite dome to the roof at the rear. Just need to hook a TV up at some point to keep my daughter happy!! Also converted all interior lighting to LED, converted small exterior light to LED and added a large strip LED light to the fiamma wind out awning. Its been a busy few months!!
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:20 am

I like those end cushions, did you have those with the van or get them aftermarket?

Be interested if you have a link to where you got them if so (or did the re-furbishers make them)?

Thanks.
Greyhound

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:25 am

The end cushions are original to Autosleeper. They are part of the single beds when the front seats are slid forward and are used in conjunction with the sofa base. Premier recovered them to match the rest of the interior. The scatter cushions are just something that premier knocked up for us.
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum