Fitting steps to Talisman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fitting steps to Talisman

Post by TrickyWoo on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:18 am

We have a 92 Talisman GL on a Talbot Express 2.0 petrol. The dragon is disabled (not yet wheelchair-bound though) & has difficulty in climbing into the cab or into the rear (particularly after the rear springs were replaced with new h/d ones which has raised the back end!). We obviously use a separate step for the rear but as we often overnight in lay-bys and parking areas and when we are just parked in carparks, I tend not to want to put the step out. Ideally we'd like to fit a slide-out or folding step for rear habitation door (manual will do, no need for it to be electric) & if poss. one for the front passenger door. Anyone done that on this model? Had a quick look underneath and couldn't immediately see how either could be fixed. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

I've got a dragon & I'm not afraid to use it!

TrickyWoo

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fitting steps to Talisman

Post by roli on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:53 am

Personally for walking impaired folks I think both drop down and slide out steps are impractical and would go for a aluminium two step found in most dealers
If you don't know what I mean have a scout round the web and if you have no luck there is a van parked next to me with one but I have an iffy interconnection so photo would take forever

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum