Queen Elizabeth park Stonehaven

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Queen Elizabeth park Stonehaven

Post by burlingtonboaby on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:41 pm

I don't know if anyone else has recommended this site before? We had two stop overs to and from Rosemarkie.
Being next to the seafront and swimming pools its ideal for all alike. The site is almost new (2013) and is in immaculate condition , friendly wardens who bend over backwards to help.
The town is full of shops, catering for all tastes , two fuel stations . I didn't get up to Duntocher castle as Frank recommended, I sent the wife who returned drookit and still isn't talking to me. The wife had a great time in the town speaking with the locals, who are all very friendly 
I had a great time in the heated sea water pool in an attempt to burn of some of the haggis and Buckie softies.
Its the first time I've been up this coast line touring and enjoyed the scenery ,Dundee was abit of a bottle neck to get through, however came back via Couper Angus .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Queen Elizabeth park Stonehaven

Post by Paulmold on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:43 pm

36 reviews of it on UKcampsites giving an average of 9/10, so looks a good one to put on the list.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 pm

Hi  Boaby &Paul,  yes its an ideal site just out of town and now even has a landtrain just outside! Been twice just as overnight stops ,but weve since regretted not making it longer stays! They threatened to build on it 3 Yrs ago but thankfully for once sense prevailed and it was rejected, that's when they invested in the new facilities. Yes we would definitely recommend it but book in advance at busy times it is rightfully popular!  up!   Regards   Paul
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:36 pm

Paulmold wrote:36 reviews of it on UKcampsites giving an average of 9/10, so looks a good one to put on the list.
My UK campsite glowing review will be added when I return home, you never know, could be in for another batch of Amazon vouchers .take your water wings with you Paul.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:42 pm

paul bullock wrote:Hi  Boaby &Paul,  yes its an ideal site just out of town and now even has a landtrain just outside! Been twice just as overnight stops ,but weve since regretted not making it longer stays! They threatened to build on it 3 Yrs ago but thankfully for once sense prevailed and it was rejected, that's when they invested in the new facilities. Yes we would definitely recommend it but book in advance at busy times it is rightfully popular!  up!   Regards   Paul
We left this morning and it was still full, every pitch taken, even the tent pitches were full, called in at the larger COOP and stock up on Galloway cheese slices , haggis and Scottish bread rolls. 
You just carn't get this stuff in east yorks.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: