Front side and rear central top Marker lights

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Front side and rear central top Marker lights

Post by Ossie O'Malley on Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:05 am

Hi, Can anyone advise if its easy to replace front upper marker lights and the upper central brake marker light for my Gatcombe (2002) if the parts are obtained from AS, i.e. Do you need to start pulling away inner furnishings or can these be replaced from the outside?
Ossie O'Malley

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Front side and rear central top Marker lights

Post by Paulmold on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:36 pm

Strange that the exact same question posted on Outandaboutlive forum this morning for an 05 Gatcombe - is that you?

Anyway, I'll give the same answer here..

The front marker lamps were still available from Autosleepers at Willersey last year, give Alan a call there.
Otherwise I think  this is what you need  -   - Hella front position lamp / light  Code - 066 514 
OE Part number - 2PF 961 167

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pamponi on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:31 am

One of mine has stopped working too. Can't think why, there's nothing in there apart from a pair of terminals?!
Pamponi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mick2444 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:11 pm

These are the ones i replaced on my clubman 2000 reg ,the lens had gone yellow easy to do, i stood on a box at the side of the front wing  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOKON-MARKER-LIGHT-BULB-5W-FRONT-CLEAR-LENS-LAMP-CARAVAN-MOTORHOME-CAMPER-VAN-/262533401860 £8 deliverd the lens just clips on take it off and unscrew the lens holder, 2 wires inside to bulb holder, a new bulb is included.
it gives the measurements of the marker on the advert ,check yours first to see if same size has clubman.
mick2444

Male

Auto-Sleeper : clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ossie O'Malley on Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Thanks guys,
I on tacked Alan at AS and he confirmed they have now sold all the fron marker lights on offer . Also with regards to the upper central rear brake marker light, he advised me that to change this, I would in effect have to brake the seal to get it out and reseal a new on in - a job for the professionals!
Thanks for your help guys
Regards
Ossie
Ossie O'Malley

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lofty on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:23 pm

With regard to these marker lights,I bought two new front ones from A.S. last year.The offside one had ceased lighting so I thought a new replacement would help.It didn't! So,a couple of months ago,I had a local auto electrician have a firkle and he cured the fault.Last year,on purchase,I had the alarm fobs and main unit replaced and they must have disturbed the wiring for the marker lights.It was all routed to lower right of dash below the steering wheel.I was dreading a break in the wiring behind the luton panelling so was much relieved for an easy & inexpensive fix.
Lofty
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by asgt4 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:25 am

Last year I needed to replace the front marker lamp lenses on my 2003 Gatcombe as they had yellowed with age.

I was able to get replacements at my local dealers, Lowdams, Huddersfield. They had a pack containing the full unit inc bulb which was actually cheaper than just buying the lens on its own.

Can't help with the upper rear brake light, but I seem to remember that there is quite a good tread on here by someone who had replaced one and it did involve taking the rear over kitchen lockers out to get at everything. The thread contained plenty on pictures and didn't look quite as daunting as you might expect.

John
asgt4

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer1951 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:12 pm

I've just completed a refurbish of the lights on our Executive because I had the front offside running light fail. When I took a look there appeared to be nothing untoward except the accumulation of algy.
When I put a multi meter test on the terminals they were intermittent so I cleaned them up with a fiberglass scratch brush & everything is now fine. There was an awful lot of oxidation on the terminals.
I also took the opportunity to upgrade to led's as well by the way. Hope this helps.
Archer1951

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum