Auto-Sleepers fitted radio switch - 2002 Ford

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Auto-Sleepers fitted radio switch - 2002 Ford

Post by melovelo on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:32 pm

i know radio switches have been discussed on this forum but I haven't yet found the answer I am looking for.
I have a Transit base 2002 Amethyst fitted with the Ford 6000CD radio. Auto-Sleepers fitted a switch next to the rear habitation lights switch which is supposed to control something to do with the radio.
I know in standard base-vehicle form the radio, works continually when ignition is switched on. With ignition off it can be turned on and gives a 1 hour mode before turning off automatically.
Now, with the A/S fitted switch in the on position the radio works exactly as above, whereas in the off position the radio is on the 1 hour mode with the ignition both on and off.
I can't understand the point of this and wonder whether it is not working as intended. The A/S switch does nothing other than give one of two situations, i.e 1 hour mode with ignition on and with ignition off OR 1 hour mode with ignition off and continuous with ignition on.

If anyone can enlighten me as to what the A/S switch SHOULD do then I would be most grateful.

Chris Martin
melovelo

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Auto-Sleepers fitted radio switch - 2002 Ford

Post by Peter Brown on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:57 am

AS rewired the radio so that the 12v that should have come via the ignition comes from the leisure battery via the radio switch.  This meant that when the habitation radio switch was on, the radio would stay on permanently, with that switch off the radio would switch off after 1 hr.  The radio draws current from the ignition circuit even when it is switched off so if you leave the habitation radio switch on and the leisure battery not charged, the leisure battery will discharge completely in about 5 days.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Auto-Sleepers fitted radio switch - 2002 Ford

Post by melovelo on Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:34 am

Thank you Peter. Not sure mine is wired quite like that so think I need to investigate.

Chris Martin
melovelo

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum