The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

extra storrage for devon

+3
roli
Quilter
malibu
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

extra storrage for devon  - Page 2 Empty Re: extra storrage for devon

Post by johnnyxs Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:58 pm

if you want to know what your maximum  permissable axle loading is then I can recommend this tutorial .
If you can weigh your van at a local weighing station, ask them for seperate front and rear axle loads as well as a total weight of your fully loaded van. You can then use your motorhomes Weight Plate which is probably riveted to your passenger step or under the bonnet to see how much additional load you can add to each axle
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
johnnyxs
johnnyxs

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : duetto
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by malibu Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:45 am

johnnyxs wrote:if you want to know what your maximum  permissable axle loading is then I can recommend this tutorial .
If you can weigh your van at a local weighing station, ask them for seperate front and rear axle loads as well as a total weight of your fully loaded van. You can then use your motorhomes Weight Plate which is probably riveted to your passenger step or under the bonnet to see how much additional load you can add to each axle
hi , just read the link you posted on axle loads very interesting  allthumbz
malibu
malibu

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : devon
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyxs Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:10 am

malibu wrote:
johnnyxs wrote:if you want to know what your maximum  permissable axle loading is then I can recommend this tutorial .
hi , just read the link you posted on axle loads very interesting  allthumbz
great up! ...glad it was of interest.
I used it to calculate if I could hang a 450Kg motorcycle and rack on my LWB smiley Transit tow bar and surprisingly there was plenty of spare capacity.
the only thing you have to be aware of is any weight applied to the back axle has the effect of removing some weight on the front axle due to  weight transfer.
johnnyxs
johnnyxs

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : duetto
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2