Gatcombe microwave

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gatcombe microwave

Post by andyiowo on Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:43 pm

Hello , has anyone fitted a microwave in the tv cabinet . I am sure I have seen one fitted on you tube ,but cant find it again . any sugestions
andyiowo

Male

Auto-Sleeper : gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gatcombe microwave

Post by Dave 418 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:23 am

think_smiley_46 This has me thinking, not good for me. The last owners of our Rienza  took the sliding tray for the telly out of the TV cabinet. There is a 13 Amp socket at the top of the cupboard for power. I am not sure if the tambour doors would close. The only problem being management may not be able to reach. Also it would only be usable if we were on hook up.
I did see a van with the cocktail cabinet removed, may be to put a microwave on the top of the lower cupboard. I can see some sussing and boggling coming on.  rolleyes

Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:39 pm

When we first got our Gatcombe last year , I thought about putting one in the cocktail cabinet, the sliding telly bracket was already missing , but the our telly is in there now as didn't know where else to put it !! Bit of a Heath Robinson affair but it works , still feel it's wasting good cupboard space tho so_sad
Bagabargin

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:31 pm

Bagabargin wrote:When we first got our Gatcombe last year , I thought about putting one in the cocktail cabinet, the sliding telly bracket was already missing , but the our telly is in there now as didn't know where else to put it !! Bit of a Heath Robinson affair but it works , still feel it's wasting good cupboard space tho so_sad

My van is the same as a Gatcombe, I have a TV bracket on the side of the cocktail cabinet, neat and TV is at a watchable height, the TV cupboard is now a cereal. bread box, cake tin, biscuit tin etc cupboard much more useful for me, the TV an Avtex is easily put on bracket, I store TV when travelling in it`s case behind the passenger seat, some leave the TV on the bracket when travelling.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:01 pm

daisy mae wrote:
Bagabargin wrote:When we first got our Gatcombe last year , I thought about putting one in the cocktail cabinet, the sliding telly bracket was already missing , but the our telly is in there now as didn't know where else to put it !! Bit of a Heath Robinson affair but it works , still feel it's wasting good cupboard space tho so_sad

My van is the same as a Gatcombe, I have a TV bracket on the side of the cocktail cabinet, neat and TV is at a watchable height, the TV cupboard is now a cereal. bread box, cake tin, biscuit tin etc cupboard much more useful for me, the TV an Avtex is easily put on bracket, I store TV when travelling in it`s case behind the passenger seat, some leave the TV on the bracket when travelling.

Yes, I think I saw on a previous post that you had yours on the side , but we don't seem to have much room there plus a mains socket ,I agree it would be a better place to have it. We have an Avtex too .we 
turned the bracket around so that it is fixed to the base of the cabinet and we can turn it out and drop it down to a good height to see comfortably but it does get in the way a bit when using the work surface below . In our previous van it stayed on the bracket when travelling too . This now gets folded back into the cupboard without taking it off .smile!
Bagabargin

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:48 am

happyno I have been having a look at my TV cupboard and I cant see me getting a microwave in there. I didn't realise the back of the cupboard is the same curve as the front were the tambour door slides. Plus we have our replacement 10" TV and DVD player in there on the move. We still have empty cupboards in our Rienza but none that would take a microwave.
Management likes the cocktail cabinet to store here wine bottles and glasses so it looks like that plan will be put to rest for now. The cooker in the van is better than the one at home, and any  way one of the next sites we are on in Norfolk has no hook up. Whistle1

Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:15 pm

We've been through the 'microwave' deliberations.

I even bought a Samsung Junior to store in the luton or under the seat, but it's just too heavy and cumbersome to bother lugging around.

We've settled on an induction cooker plate to heat stuff quickly, and a coffee frother to heat (and reheat) the all important milk for my morning coffee, which is all we ever used the microwave for in the first place.

I really do not understand though, why some enterprising mfr (you interpret as you will) doesn't make a truly small and compact low power microwave, just big enough for snacks and drinks.

meanchris

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:11 pm

The smallest microwave that I could find - and the one that I built into my current van in place of the factory-fitted Smev "warming oven" - was the Daewoo QT1. I think it's the only microwave that will fit into a typical cupboard cubby hole (I did have to cut the feet off mine, but that's because the drain outlet from the sink above sticks down into the space a little bit more than when I first measured it!).
-mojo-

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum