Thinking of selling my Clubman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thinking of selling my Clubman

Post by Pamponi on Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:48 pm

It has been a great introduction to campervans but I think we need something bigger. 
Kinda wishing I'd not spent quite so much on this one
Pamponi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of selling my Clubman

Post by m8form8 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Always a heart wrench parting with a first van like a first home.....bladebla. Clubman ought to sell easy enough as sought after. We learnt that a first van is never exactly what you want layout wise. Takes a while to get to know what you do want and yes like you we have gone bigger too. Good luck. up!
m8form8

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:50 pm

me too

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Fiat)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:37 am

Yet, been there too, spent a mint on the Nuevo, however needed something longer we could afford.
We know the Sigma is dated, but has the seating arrangements and storage we required.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pamponi on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:59 pm

Might get one of those Airbeam drive away awnings before I make a final decision. 
That would give us the extra space without the extra van to park & wash!
Has anyone bought one of those Vango jobbies?
Think it's the Idris Tall version I'm thinking of ?
Pamponi

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:34 pm

I know that feeling, should it go or stay. We spent a fortune on the Duetto but after only a year I was finding more rust. so_sad I wanted to look for a newer Duetto or a Gatcombe. The Gatcombes were just not available in my price bracket and the Duetto might have meant more rust issues. The ideal would have been rear lounge van on a Ford shrugg
Yes we did go for another Ford, yes we did go for a coach build, yes I did have douts for a while. Now we have had some time away we are both glad of the choice.
It still fits on the drive and is so comfortable to live in. Why did Autosleeper stop building the rear lounge coach builds on Ford chassis.  For two of us it is  bigger than we need but we are not falling over each other and storage is more than enough. We spent more time talking than looking but it worked for us. Good hunting. up!

Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NORGIL on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:43 pm

The Clubman is also my first van, much as I love it, sometimes a bit more space would be good, Would be interesting to know If you do find the Vango jobbie works ok with the height of the Clubman door.

NORGIL
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:50 pm

Had a Kampa air awning for the caravan, never used it and sold it at a loss, it was too heavy and took up too much room in the van , not practicable for those reasons, dreaded  to think what it would have been like if having to pack it up in the wet.

Each to their own. Just a point.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyPK on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:13 pm

We've bought a Khyam Motordome Tourer to use with our Clubman, but only as a stand-alone space, not attached, so we can still drive off site without the faff of disconnecting. Works for us, but I must say that we're thinking of selling the 'van and getting something with a rear lounge.......
AndyPK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Owned a Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancky on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:57 pm

We only got an awning because of the dogs and tried to make sure our choice of van was big enough for times when we do not want to put the awning up i.e. arriving in the rain or strong winds are forecast, only stopping for one night.  So far so good!  Maybe if you need an awning to make your 'unit' comfortable then possibly it is time to go bigger....and I find once I have voiced it then I get more dissatisfied and can not rest until the 'new' one is purchased.  Good luck!
Lancky

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyPK on Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:24 am

Yes, Lancky, dogs figured in our awning choice too! You're also on the nail with regard to growing dissatisfaction too - SWMBO has been to two dealers near Eastbourne (where our son lives) over the last couple of days, and we're off to Marquis Ipswich, tomorrow.......
AndyPK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Owned a Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thinking of selling clubman

Post by james barnes on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi 
Have got a brand new Vango tall awning for sale erected once in 2016 please email 
Southampton area 
James Barnes
james barnes

Male

Auto-Sleeper : clubman gl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum