Hab door lock adjustment??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hab door lock adjustment??

Post by Pamponi on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:04 pm

Hi folks

My habitation door keeps jamming. The lock won't release. It appears to need adjusting. 
Has anyone done this?
I'm assuming that the mechanism in the door can be moved as there is no play in the keep in the frame. 

Any advice would be most welcome. 

Cheers
Pamponi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hab door lock adjustment??

Post by TrickyWoo on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:58 am

Have you had the lock apart at all before this problem occurred? I changed the lock barrel on our Talisman and after I'd screwed the whole lot back together the lock wouldn't initially release from outside. I'd screwed the lock back on a bit too tightly. I eased the bolts holding the lock to the door, off slightly which meant I could now open the door - still a bit tight, you have to apply a little pressure to the edge of the door when opening the lock from outside, but I've developed a technique of pushing it with my fingers whilst pulling the lock handle with my thumb and with use it is easing off. 

Haven't bothered messing with the keep on the frame but looks like it might have a small amount of adjustment on it if the screws are undone. Probably only needs a tiny bit.

I've got a dragon & I'm not afraid to use it!

TrickyWoo

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman GL
Vehicle Year : 1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by George.. on Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Hi your lock catch is probably the same as my Gatcombe. Inside the cupboard under the sink there is a cover screwed to the outer side, undo it and there should be two nuts that secure the D shaped catch, slacken these to adjust it, then tighten.
George
George..

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

View user profile http://www.stoppsblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pamponi on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:10 am

It's always rubbed a bit. Got worse & worse. 
I already knew about the access panel for the latch/keep as I'd fitted central locking (which works just fine).
On mine there is no play on the latch at all. It's fibre glassed to the inside of the frame. Same with the lock, undid all the bolts but it has no play at all. 
I think the aluminium hinges are worn. I'm going to try adding washers or replacing them. 

Never come across a vehicle lock with no adjustment. 
Ridiculous 

Pamponi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum