Auto Sleeper reading this forum?

Go down

Auto Sleeper reading this forum?

Post by Bartfarst on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:39 pm

I now see that we have 867 members subscribed to this forum and, as such, I suspect we now represent still a minority but nevertheless a significant proportion of active AS Owners. My question is therefore primarily directed to the Moderators but also other members: is anyone aware whether AS take an interest to any degree in the goings-on of this forum?

I would have thought that it was in their benefit to do so, as a minimum from a position of passive observation. Beyond that it would be useful to know AS's view on some of the issues raised. Treating this as an extension of their customer service would, I suspect, be a win-win situation possibly resulting in even greater brand/product loyalty (currently at a level most manufacturers would die for) and perhaps drumming-up even more trade for the AS Service Centre. At the end of the day if they are truly skilled marketers, the should take the open vox pop of critical owners very seriously.

An important issue: if AS were to have a degree of involvement it is my view that, above all, this forum must retain it's independence in exactly the same way that the ASOC did/does not.

Perhaps in saying the above I should clarify that I really appreciate the forum in its current form and my comments arise solely from a desire to make it even better, and certainly not to compromise it's future.

What do you reckon folks, and hands-up who of you, if any, works for AS?

Bartfarst

Bartfarst

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : 1995 Boxer Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Auto Sleeper reading this forum?

Post by CC on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi Bartfarst...

If you include the members who have been deleted, then we currently would have stood at 1007!! with over 11 thousand messages that have been posted by our members, not bad going for our first 9 months content

Do Auto-Sleepers view the forum? Who knows for certain shrugg An account was created for them sometime ago and roli invited them to sign on which I think they have on a few occasions! I agree it would be great if they had a visible presence on the forum if only to offer us news from the factory, they could provide so much info of interest to our members, like numbers of certain vehicles built, the conversion process, how long each conversion takes to build etc, wouldn't it be great if they invited a group of our members to the factory for a guided tour and to see the build process taking place?

With Auto-Sleepers employing so many workers I suspect a few of them must browse the forum just out of curiosity, but I'm only presuming shrugg It's still early days for ASOF and who knows what the future holds? it was always the intention to get both Auto-Sleeper & ASOC on board in the hope we could all work together for the benefit of Auto-Sleeper owners, whether that happens in the future remains to be seen but we live in hope that one day maybe bezfriends

I am biased of course... but I agree with everything you say content

CC

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartfarst on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks CC - glad you agree.

For the ASOF to be invited to the plant would be a nice touch. I've been twice now, once before I bought my van to see the four seat Harmony in build and once on an ASOC Open Day (see they did have them!) Both were ages back and very interesting, but at that time a I felt it was very much a 'cottage industry'. I'd be keen to see if things have advanced though.

Your desire for mutual cooperation between ASOF/ASOC/AS is very honorable. However my point regarding independence I see as significant and comes directly from my own experiences in the ASOC where I was involved in the Technical Information Group. Potential liability issues soon meant that the Information Sheets we produced were being vetted by AS and many of those I prepared (which were often at the more complex end of the scale, or involved an element of 'experimentation') were withdrawn. I can't help thinking therefore that any other 'vehicle' such as this, if endorsed by AS, may also be subject to their control if only in terms of liability, irrespective of whatever disclaimer is put on the advice given.

Bartfarst
Bartfarst

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : 1995 Boxer Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:16 am

We are in contact with Auto Sleepers and they have shown interest in ASOF from the top. There is contact with a member of the management team, in fact I have just made contact over a posting I think they should comment on.

Regarding ASOC, we have quite a number of "active" ASOC members on here who see the forum as a way of "quick" communication and source of assistance.
I say active as a very large number of ASOC members only read the newsletter and dont wish to join in club activities.

Some of the committee however feel they should distance the club from this forum. I will say no more about this other than a welcome to join in was extended to them when this forum was started by this sites owner and later by myself on several occasions that I know of. It could well be one or more are registered on here and to coin "forum jargon" just lurk,, which is a pity. We have also extended the hand of friendship by saying if they wish to comment it can be done via this forums staff if they dont want to post themselves. We understand that some people just do not like posting on forums whatever the subject.

Admin has open contact and he will respond to any sensible private mail messages on this topic as none of us want an us and them situation

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ReAuto Sleeper reading this forum?:

Post by whisky on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi Barfast.

In the past I have been a member of ASOC. Nothing wrong with the ASOC it depends on what you want. ASOC have a big following with all of the rallies they organise. If that is for you they are great. They have a good DIY and Manuals data base available to their members as well as newsletters etc. Though if like myself none to keen on rallies but like contact with other owners and are able to exchange views and ideas with each other. Then maybe ASOF will suite you better. It does me. However there is no reason whatsoever why you can't be a member of both. As for AS as a business they have to appear to be completely impartial to clubs an associations although they possibly do view the various forums from time to time.

Cheers. Whisky.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum