Our beautiful ford Duetto has been stolen!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Our beautiful ford Duetto has been stolen!

Post by burlingtonboaby on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:06 pm

Like JT , we have been looking out for any sign of your Duetto, seen plenty of older ones this week.
Sadly I concure with others that your van could be out of the U.K or stored in a barn waiting to ship inside a artic trailer , via the dockyards.
Hundreds of plant and farm machinery are stolen and shipped this way.
Really gutted for you.
Boaby pitched in sunny breezy Whitby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:37 pm

Did it have a tracker, either a commercial one or a self-fit GPS device like the TK104

I don't know whether a GPS tracker is worthwhile though, as it's likely that any knowledgeable thief will have a £10 GPS jammer with him anyway. If you didn't know, these have a huge radius of interference, of about 100 metres to nearly a kilometre, if you've ever lost your sat-nav's GPS signal for a long stretch on the motorway, it's possible that there's a truck driver, rep or thief driving along near you with one running.

I have an IP camera with instant alerts to my phone/tablet/email to warn me if there's any interference with our van while it's parked at home, but one of my fears is coming back to a French car park and finding it missing with all our belongings/clothes/tech/money/bikes etc.

meanchris

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Susieb on Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:21 pm

If we get another Motorhome, I will fit a hidden switch to disable the ignition. Also fit an alarm to sound if the handbrake is released, if the switch is not set. THis was on my to do list. A bit late now I know, but I don't want to go through this again.
Susieb

Female

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ford Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum