The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show us yer GLASSES !

+2
roli
CC
6 posters

Go down

Show us yer GLASSES ! Empty Show us yer GLASSES !

Post by CC Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:32 pm

As some of you know when we got our Nuevo the wine glasses were absent.
We managed to find some nice glasses which seem to fit well in the rack, but curious to know how these compare to the original glasses supplied by Autosleepers? content

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Is the cabinet where we have the TV... a TV cabinet or a cocktail cabinet?
We enquired about a TV arm in order to mount our TV in the cabinet, but Allan at AS parts informed us it's actually a cocktail cabinet? yet there are sockets & a TV point here scratch head

We got a lightweight aluminum TV arm, but I'm reluctant to fit it as I suspect it will have to be bolted through the cabinet sides in order to support the TV sufficiently!
Even then I'm not totally convinced shrugg so may leave it freestanding on the shelf, secured with a piece of velcro which seems to do the trick smile!

CC

Last edited by CruizingComet on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed title)

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Show us yer GLASSES ! Empty Re: Show us yer GLASSES !

Post by roli Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Your glasses dont look as though they hold as much wine as the originals !!, which will keep you fit topping them up more frequently celebrate1
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:55 pm

A bit small for our tastes (or lack thereof) but horses for courses. Prefer the bottle sized ones personally but they'll only fit in the rack if you break them first, which is a bit self defeating. Some low life nicked ours before we got the van so use plastic ones now....
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by ade700 Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper T25

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:34 pm

That's Brill, Ade allthumbz hugegrins
Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Love it!!! lol4

I knew it was only a matter of time before that happened moon crazypilot undecided

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ade700 Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:51 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Love it!!! lol4

I knew it was only a matter of time before that happened moon crazypilot undecided
And you knew it would be me hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper T25

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:59 pm

ade700 wrote:And you knew it would be me hugegrins

Yep...... look here

OK guys lets see yer Auto-Sleeper glasses... no more spectacles please tap_fingers hugegrins

Beginning to think I maybe should have posted this in the "Silly Gang" thread now Whistle1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony F Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:53 pm

For the record we use plastic goblet-shaped "glasses", because we found that whatever we use they don't stay clipped in and plastic at least won't break...

As for the TV, the aerial socket etc in our Windsor are adjacent to the cocktail cabinet etc, but there's no way I want to sit facing a TV that's sitting in that space, whether in the cabinet or on the shelf. There's nothing comfortable to lean against at t'other end of the van. So I bought a swivel wall bracket, screwed the mounting plate to the wooden bulkhead behind the passenger seat (its plenty solid enough), the swivel arm is permanently fixed to the back of the TV and it's the work of a moment to lift TV and arm from the wall plate and stow it securely. All that was needed was an extension co-ax cable routed under the nearside settee. The wall plate is unobtrusive enough, and we can now watch telly reclining in splendour on the settees. Almost all the vans I've seen have the TV at the rear of the van; I assume that you're supposed to watch either from the swivelled front seats (if you have them), or sitting bolt upright on the settees.

Tony
Tony F
Tony F

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Windsor on Mk 6

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi Tony

I note AS do mount their TV's on the bulkheads but we like the idea of the TV being concealed and out of site when not in use, (absolutely hate cables and wires being visible - pet hate of mine) the cabinet serves this purpose well for us by hiding everything out sight. We also find we can sit on the opposite bench seat and watch the TV fine, otherwise if needed it can be lifted out and sat on the worktop.

Just struck me as being odd that AS call this a cocktail cabinet.. yet it has a coax socket and two mains socket built into it.. most pics we have seen others seem to have a TV fitted within the unit and I just presumed this was it's purpose, if we didn't use it for the TV I don't have a clue what else we would use it for as I cant really see it being much use for anything else anyway, and not quite sure of it's usefulness as a cocktail cabinet either shrugg

Anyway.... is no one going to show their Auto-Sleeper glasses? twiddle_thumbs

Male

Back to top Go down