Gearbox problem.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gearbox problem.

Post by pcbdrawer on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:03 am

Hello everybody here is the old problem that comes up every now and again.

After a great trip to Tenby, Wales,  on the way back I couldn't get second gear but got home with difficulty. My local garage man that I consider is a good mechanic and trust, tells me that it was water in the Gearbox and that he can't get spares for the gearbox, or a re-con unit and we are at wits end.

I know this comes up again and again but I am hoping at this point in time somebody out there knows who in the great UK can get spares or do a recon job or exchange gearboxes.

The camper is a 2000 2.0L petrol engine, any help would be greatly appreciated,

Regards

Pcbdrawer.
pcbdrawer

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gearbox problem.

Post by burlingtonboaby on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:40 am

If your unsuccessful on the forum locating parts etc, have a look on some  V.W van forums or looking in VW magazines, I used to belong to the VW4 forum and sourced parts via the forum.
When I had Splitys and bay window vans the VW magazines had loads of advertisers selling parts .
One or two scrap yards advertising parts on the net
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:43 pm

Check out this previous thread. You'll find pointers to firms that can still recon a Boxer gearbox.

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t15501-gear-box-needed

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by easylifer on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:12 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:If your unsuccessful on the forum locating parts etc, have a look on some  V.W van forums or looking in VW magazines, I used to belong to the VW4 forum and sourced parts via the forum.
When I had Splitys and bay window vans the VW magazines had loads of advertisers selling parts .
Boaby
Er. Did they do the Executive on a VW?
easylifer
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:22 pm

easylifer wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:If your unsuccessful on the forum locating parts etc, have a look on some  V.W van forums or looking in VW magazines, I used to belong to the VW4 forum and sourced parts via the forum.
Boaby
Er. Did they do the Executive on a VW?
Hope the hell they do or I'm going to look silly.   scratch head Got mixed up with a Clubman.  confused3
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pcbdrawer on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:04 am

Thank you all for all your replies and help, sorry to have taken a while to reply  but have just got back, been away for a while but not in the motorhome.

The gearbox is being reworked at this time by a company in the Midlands and should be back on Monday, I'll let you all know how it all works out after I have had a good trip out.

In the meantime, all of you out there with 1993 and onward Peugeot boxers, go and get your gearbox oil changed it just may save you a big problem and a good bit of money.

Regards

Pcbdrawer.
pcbdrawer

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum