replacement blind needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

replacement blind needed

Post by Tove.H on Mon May 30, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi all, on the last few trips we had noticed that the blind on the drivers side was getting worse on going up and down so while we were away this weekend the other half took it down to see what was wrong and the plastic casing has melted at one end intowards the blind that was why the blind would not work. Does anyone know where we can get another plastic casing to transfer the blind into or another blind. many thanks.
Tove.H
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Ford Transit legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: replacement blind needed

Post by daisy mae on Mon May 30, 2016 10:10 pm

Have you tried O`Leary`s, ? or eBay, if you put the make of blind in a search engine something should come up.

Hope you get it sorted. I know I cannot get the blinds for my 2003 as they were a special size for AS, no longer available, have to get standard larger size and cut to fit,

Regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tove.H on Mon May 30, 2016 11:15 pm

Hi Margaret, no haven't tried them, thanks for your help. Tried the mifi this weekend you recommended, works great, thanks again.
Tove.H
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Tue May 31, 2016 8:48 am

Pleased to be of help, hope you get your blind sorted, you may have to buy the blind with the casing, or if you can measure it another make may fit, even if slight adjustments.

I did have two new side windows put in by dealer when I first bought it, they were from AS but were a different size to originals so adjustments had to be made to fit.
Regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrickyWoo on Tue May 31, 2016 10:32 pm

Not sure what model you have or what size your windows are, but if it is of any interest I have just taken out all the blinds from our 1992 Talisman GL as we no longer want them. That's 2x side & 1x rear. All 3 are different sizes (not sure what so would have to measure them). Not sure what make but they were standard fitment cassette blinds with drop down flyscreens and lift up blackouts. All were working when I took them out. All are available f.o.c. if anyone is interested.

I've got a dragon & I'm not afraid to use it!

TrickyWoo

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tove.H on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:23 pm

Hi, trickywoo, our motorhome is a 1990 gl legend autosleeper. the one that is broke is the drivers side which measures 50 inch long, it says on the label 127cm x 73.5cm. it is a beigh plastic casing and the blind is beigh/brown flowers  but more interested in the casing. this one has a fly screen as weel but i had noticed that the passenger side doesnt have a flyscreen is it meant to at all? would be very interested in all blinds if they are right also would you post as live a long way from you. thanks.
Tove.H
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrickyWoo on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:35 am

There should have been a flyscreen too on all of them as far as I know - all ours do. We have 3 blinds available, approx lengths are 65.5", 57" & 39". Don't get too excited they aint perfect but do work, blackouts maybe a bit worn/untidy at the edges, flyscreens are ok. May or may not be better than what you currently have. Looks like several folk would like them (response has surprised me!). To be fair I think  Tove.H should have first call on at least one as OP & as one of his is actually broken. I'll have to weigh them at the w/end  & find out cost of sending.

TrickyWoo

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tove.H on Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi trickywoo, have measured mine and they will fit. Can i have all three as 2 are broken and one hasnt got a flyscreen, why i dont know. Only just bought the van last july so didnt really know what to check for when buying. But ill have all three if thats ok with you and if you can find out cost of posting would be great. many thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

(oh and im a 'she' not 'he') smile!
Tove.H
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrickyWoo on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:59 am

Hi Tove.H, sorry about the gender mistake - it was a typo  Whistle1 honest! Actually I think I may package them up & weigh them at work next week when I get a mo, as probably easier/more accurate to use the works despatch scales & not yet sure exactly how to package them. I'm going on hol for a week after the coming week so may or may not get chance to do b4 I go (depends how busy we'll be @ work), so might go quiet for a while - don't worry it won't be because you've been forgotten! so hope you can wait - I'll get onto it as soon as I get chance.

TrickyWoo

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tove.H on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:50 pm

That will be great, just pm me when you have weighed and got a price for postage. It would be great if you can do as soon as you can. many thanks.
Tove.H
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrickyWoo on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Hi Tove, H - I've sent you a pm about the blinds.

TrickyWoo

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrickyWoo on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:26 am

The blinds have gone (to OP). Having now used the van since doing so I'm so pleased we took them out as noticeably reduced rattles when driving. We've put up net curtains - just need to add velcro to corners/edges and they'll be much better as fly-screens as much finer mesh (fine enough to keep scottish midges at bay) and provide a degree of privacy daytime and help insulate from sun's heat (noticeably cooler). Not that it's an issue but also saved some weight too.

TrickyWoo

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum